Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tomtee if I didn't know you personally I would say that story is so over the top that it must be a troll. It's one thing to be a male chauvinist a priori, its another thing to hold on to those prejudices for years in the face of evidence to the contrary.

I am kind of surprised you were unable to put your foot down, though. Did you not have the political clout for some reason?
Well it's a longish story, but I believe that my wife was really used as a 'weak spot' to get at me. The guild I led was the ultimate product of two guilds - each of which had been spawned off of other guilds who were previously raid capable.

My lineage of guilds was there first - so we elected our officers, and leader, by democratic vote (I forgot to add this in earlier, it was already so long) - that was the model of the guild I had mentioned previously.

When we absorbed the other guild, about another 25+ people, they gained some power structure with 2 officer positions and DKP buffer. Officer / GL position were voted on every 6 months, so there was constant competition for leadership as well.

It was a weird time. I think that really they used my wife - discriminating on her gender - as a way to get at me. And for what it's worth, it totally worked.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ajk re rolled from hunter to warlock during Burning Crusade just because she felt bad whenever she was a dps that didn't top charts. If you're not first, you're last!
Why? Hunter was top dps. Beast Mastery + steady shot macro.

God I hated our hunters and their smug superiority complex. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2014, 12:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why bother with a knight in shining armor when you can have a viking in bloody chainmail?
I think this mentality and the contradiction it raises with regards to the majority of this thread's content should be addressed.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Jesus this thread is sad
Old 03-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Skeleton

I will try and lighten the mood =)

On the last progression round on the Vulak'Aerr server, one of the top guilds had a female leader, Liren of League of Grand Adventures. Liren, in large part kept that servers raid scene alive as every other guild crumbled to the other top guild; who seemingly made it their mission to demoralize the servers raid scene.

If anyone has played on any of the EQLive Prog servers competitively they know just how irrational the raid scene is all the way until PoTime. As guilds fell, she managed to merge them one by one until only 2 guilds were left raiding, no easy feat to merge guilds let alone countless of them all the while staying competitive.

Vulak'Aerr server owes much of its early success to Liren's resilience and diplomacy. In retrospect, in an environment as hateful and venomous as an EQ Prog servers raid scene, there was very little sexism or womanizing going on considering the huge target.

Respect.

Krovax~
Old 03-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesrin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? Hunter was top dps. Beast Mastery + steady shot macro.

God I hated our hunters and their smug superiority complex. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been forever, but I think I remember whatever tier it was at the time warlocks were doing more. Or maybe it was just in 5/10s that they were doing more. Warlock with shadow priest debuff was a bitch for my warrior to keep aggro from if we had no paladin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2014, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been forever, but I think I remember whatever tier it was at the time warlocks were doing more. Or maybe it was just in 5/10s that they were doing more. Warlock with shadow priest debuff was a bitch for my warrior to keep aggro from if we had no paladin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was tier four I believe.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm being honest on my opinions and my thoughts... sorry if they aren't sugar coated to be nice sounding. I mostly meant the worst posts should have been called out. Maybe my opinion is too neutral. To clarify I meant that any broad blatantly offensive statements are over the top without any proper reasoning to back them. If someone is reasonable with their post and explain themselves it is fine, imo. Apparently what I typed wasn't what you wanted to hear.

I also was mostly directing this at people just blatantly women hating to the extreme you can sometimes see on message boards and in comments on youtube.
Oh to be sure, you did sugar coat your blatant sexism and chauvinism. It's just that it's pretty hard to sugar coat it to the point people don't notice it anymore, because basically it still comes down to the only reason behind your statement being the fact that they're "women"
Old 03-18-2014, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMorgan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this mentality and the contradiction it raises with regards to the majority of this thread's content should be addressed.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2014, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sidelle, honey, wanna meet up in the hole later? We can dangle our legs over the bridge thingy and ...talk
Maybe. But only if you've recovered from your unfortunate stomach malady. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread