Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 04:24 AM
Kobold

Default Enchanter Race

Hi all,

I'm considering making an enchanter. My understanding is that charisma is the most important stat and that dark elf hide doesn't matter much after you get a Goblin Gazughi Ring, so High Elf would be the min/max race. Is that correct?

Is there any gear that I would miss out on by being a High Elf? Are there any other considerations? Or are High Elves the clear choice?

Thanks!

I wrote a Monk guide: Meviin's Monk Mechanics
I wrote a guide on purple links in incoming messages:
Meviin's Macros: Purple Links When Pulling

Meviin - 60 Monk (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Laylot - 21 Necromancer (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Kozev - 12 Enchanter (High Elf) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Old 12-30-2016, 05:29 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

high elf is good because cha is harder to get on raid gear

stole this post from colgate in the last enchanter race thread

lock & move to resolved boys
Old 12-30-2016, 05:51 AM
Large Bat

Gnomes can see through walls...and that is a significant quality of life improvement over having to memorize and recast Gnome Illusion every 36 minutes while dungeon crawling.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Kobold

There's been a lot of arguing over this subject, and as far as I can tell there's no real consensus. I rolled high elf for the base charisma, and I don't mind having to put in the effort for a gg ring and casting gnome as needed when I need to see through walls. I've seen good arguments put forth for erudite base stats too, but I just went for the highest base cha. There are those who say gnomes are best, and those who go on about dark elf hide.

Rather than trying too hard to min/max, think of it as picking the bonuses you're most comfortable with. The differences in stats are not significant when considering the vast array of bonuses available on gear. Literally every race's advantage can be mitigated with planning and gear, should you choose to be different.

But for heaven's sake, go agnostic.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 12-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Erudite. You even get a bonus +5MR.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:06 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudite. You even get a bonus +5MR.
the other good choice, on red
also a clear fashionquest winner
Old 12-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Banned

High elf.
Use taper enchantment (5mana) to break charm until you get goblin ring. You get every race illusion so high elf is the only race to pick. Go all cha and throw the last points into sta.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High elf.
Use taper enchantment (5mana) to break charm until you get goblin ring. You get every race illusion so high elf is the only race to pick. Go all cha and throw the last points into sta.
This is why I like high elves. But I think any chanter race is fine. Dark elves hide, high elves best charisma, gnomes dont need to keep recasting gnome illusion for wallhacks and can make their own tinkerer stuff, humans are rare, erudites aren't terrible, etc.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High elf.
Ever since the cancel magic line of spells was 'corrected' to use the random chance of slot stripping several patches back, taper enchantment is especially NOT reliable in removing charm on a target, and even cancel magic will rarely fail on a single casting.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...er+enchantment

My personal take on Enchanter race is this. High Elf is the best (highest base charisma, superb cha+int base combo). Dark Elf can only have a 95 starting charisma, but provides Hide which can't be granted by a piece of gear. Some people will want it for extended AFK's. Some won't. It's value comes down to pure personal choice.

Any race can Illusion: Gnome for looking through walls / doors. Some people might want to make their Enchanter the only class they play, and absolutely must have Engineering for their needs out of choice.

Beyond those facts, It's all up to the player.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 12-31-2016 at 07:04 PM..
Old 12-31-2016, 07:07 PM
Kobold

Cool, thanks for all of the advice everyone!

I wrote a Monk guide: Meviin's Monk Mechanics
I wrote a guide on purple links in incoming messages:
Meviin's Macros: Purple Links When Pulling

Meviin - 60 Monk (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Laylot - 21 Necromancer (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Kozev - 12 Enchanter (High Elf) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Closed Thread