Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

A 40 day for something that happened before our last 30 day... So frustrating.. I would put money that their is something already in the works to suspend us again no matter how much we just want to play by the "rules".
Old 04-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never raided with the A/A's, so I can't speak to what happens in NTOV, but I can tell you that even for the casual raiding guilds this can still be a problem, and you can't just simplify it down to "play by the rules". I'll give you an example of a situation we encountered when I was an officer in Paradox.

We were in Fear, contesting golem pops with another guild who will not be mentioned because the drama isn't needed. They made the FTE on the golem, but their puller got turned around, and pulled it into our camp thinking it was his. We were on the same wall, but not all that close to each other. Not even in los. Neither group had intentionally positioned themselves to be a problem for the other. The golem began rampaging through our ranks, and we killed it rather than let it wipe us.

This was a situation where mistakes were clearly made on both sides. But nothing was done intentionally, and there weren't a lot of options available. The puller's only option was Don't Make a Mistake - you've already agreed that's not exactly a viable option.

Our raid force's only option was Let The Mob Wipe Us. Well, in the heat of the moment that's just not something that's easy to do, especially when no one is sure of what's happening, where this mob came from, or why it's suddenly killing us.

So mistakes were made on both sides. Luckily, neither guild wanted a suspension over one golem, and we were able to work it out. But a suspension is what would likely have happened had it gone to GM resolution, and it wouldn't have been because of bad leadership choices, or because people were trying to get away with breaking the rules.
So I 100% agree with the vast majority of your post. Accidents happen, people are human, and those accidents can wind up looking like possible malicious acts.

BUT, the staff aren't mindless robots, so I 100% disagree that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a suspension is what would likely have happened had it gone to GM resolution
If Paradox had no history of recent guild drama, and all they did was kill one mob that someone else pulled in to their camp, I would be shocked if the staff suspended the guild. Honestly I'd be surprised if the other guild got a suspension (again, assuming their whistle was otherwise clean).

Let's look at the actual rules:

Quote:
Intentional training will be severely disciplined.
"Intentional"

Quote:
7. You may not harass others.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the P99CSR involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed and act accordingly.

8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

- Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

- Refusing to cooperate with the other parties at a contested spawn site after having been instructed to do so by a P99CSR.

- Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

- Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

- Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).
Again the word "intentional" is pretty paramount.

Quote:
Q2: What exactly is Raid Disruption or Raid Interference?
A: Q3 and Q4 deal with what to do when this happens, but "Raid disruption" and "raid interference" are broad terms that cover a long list of things (near simultaneous FTE, training, kill-stealing, setting of AEs on other people, any violation of the posted raid rules, etc).

Q3: If we feel our own guild/party has violated a rule, what actions should we take?
A: If you screw up, then you should concede the mob you screwed up on.

Q4: If we feel another guild/party is breaking raid rules what actions may we take?
A: It is probably in your best interest to work raid disputes out among yourselves. The other option is the petition forum.

Q5: What about in cases where the mob dies before anyone is sure whom is at fault?
A: See Q4.
Note on Conceding / Forfeiting – You should concede a mob whenever your actions negatively impact another guild’s attempt at a mob, regardless of which zone the mob or the infraction take place in. Also, as far as what to concede / forfeit, if you still have a shot at the current mob, you should concede/forfeit that mob, if you do not still have a chance at the current mob, you should concede/forfeit the next two (it’s silly to try and concede a mob after you no longer have a real chance to kill that mob.
The only way the staff would ban either guild is for "raid disruption", but even then if you hadn't been able to settle things with the other guild you probably would have conceded the mob they trained on you right? Well there you go: by being a responsible guild you were at zero risk of suspension.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So yes, there are ways to easily avoid breaking rules, but it would require everyone to change how they've been doing these encounters.
And this is exactly why I think the staff has instituted the increasing-length suspension policy.

So many people on this thread seem to think the staff wants to give out suspensions, when the evidence is the exact opposite. Everything the staff has ever said on the topic has been that raid drama is one of their least favorite things to deal with. Rather than wanting to rules lawyer guilds into suspension, what the staff actually wants is for the players to play by the rules. It's that simple.

Unless the staff starts pulling back on enforcement (which I don't see happening), it really seems like guilds will have to change their tactics. Let's say Awakened doesn't change after this suspension: pretty soon they'll have a 2 month suspension next, and a 2.5 one after that. Somewhere along the way they're going to decide "hey, racing for this one mob this one specific way, even if it's the way both A/A guilds currently do it, isn't worth it, because being suspended for months at a time sucks." And other guilds will do the same.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Velious sure did fix the raid scene here...
Old 04-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Kobold

If there isn't any more competition, the other guild won't have to change.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bring on Luclin it is the cure
Old 04-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

The "oh we didnt mean it" defense is pretty flimsly when its your 50th or so time being suspended... Seriously.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Large Bat

I've read this whole thread and nobody has yet explained why a healthy person would want to raid this shit.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there isn't any more competition, the other guild won't have to change.
Every 6 months or so there will be a period between 1 week to a month where there will be competition, then someone is banned again. Smrt ppl realize that's not a gud. Smrt pepl shood chenge.

Then again if top end guilds started treating each other with respect, followed the rules, and maintained a healthy raid scene I might be inclined to join. Prolly best to just leave things as they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best post
Closed Thread