Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro/SK literally unplayable without CoS, Monk literally unplayable without beads. It's like playing a Cleric without Complete Heal, a Rogue without epic, or a Warrior without SoD.

If you play a monk and aren't going to have the 850k for beads any time soon, you should honestly reroll at this point.
Really?

What has this server came to with this mindset.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What has this server came to with this mindset.
Isn't this how you remember EQ in 2000?
Old 06-03-2018, 01:07 AM
Large Bat

I can't be the only guy that uses my beads for nothing other than hammering out of dungeons, right?

Would never sell.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro/SK literally unplayable without CoS, Monk literally unplayable without beads. It's like playing a Cleric without Complete Heal, a Rogue without epic, or a Warrior without SoD.

If you play a monk and aren't going to have the 850k for beads any time soon, you should honestly reroll at this point.
The mindset on this server is funny.

On live we raided HoT with 20-30 goons, only two of which were level 60. The rest was a smattering of lv 47s through low 50s with a few mid/high 50s. We made it work. Yet here? People won't even consider letting their high 40s to low 50s guildmates join them in HoT because "too hard".

The game doesn't need beads, scepter of destruction, or even pre-nerf CoS.

I've got a prenerf CoS on my necro - would not sell ever but I could get by just fine without it.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, probably? If you have the bag space to hold the stalking probes, another bag (toolbox) you keep empty for recharging, the patience to constantly recharge, bag space for mana batteries, as well as the hassle of going back to iceclad to restock on mana batteries.

Or you could just have one item with unlimited charges.
Stalking probes are vendor recharged for 1 plat, not mana batteries.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:10 PM
Large Rat

Quote:

Beads are a crutch. Do they make some pulls/camps easier, for sure, are these pulls impossible without beads? Hell no.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stalking probes are vendor recharged for 1 plat, not mana batteries.
Weren't they mana battery rechargeable? Been a while since I fucked with tinkering.. That just makes it worse and even more dependent on conditions being exactly right for what is supposed to be an easier and cheaper option.

If you're near a vendor, can find a vendor with space/kill one and wait for respawn, have adequate faction/sneak to use that vendor, aren't in the middle of a raid and need charges now, etc.
Last edited by Bummey; 06-03-2018 at 04:04 PM..
Old 06-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

You will have to pry my cos from my cold dead iksar claws. NOT selling it, NOT giving it, NOT trading it, well for a..... ummm, nope not even for that.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You must be joking.... as a monk, with beads, I don't use them for the vast majority of pulls. It's totally possible to start the pull on most mobs with just a javelin, and sometimes easier. Beads are highly situational, and stalking probes work just fine in those situations.

Imo, most people that think you have to have beads, don't have them, and don't know. Are they useful, sure, but so are the other 4 fd'ers in the pull chain that sure as shit don't need no beads.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Kobold

my sk has a pre-nerf CoS. 500k sounds about right.
Closed Thread