Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 12:10 AM
Kobold

Default ZEM changes

omfg thank you so so so very much. Now when i ask friends to check out Permafrost Keep or Runnyeye they wont laugh at me. I actually had a long time EQ player reply with "Runnyeye? never heard of it".

Seriously thank you for taking a fresh look at those ZEMs - was getting very very sick of leveling in the same overcrowded zones. I play a class that doesnt solo well so im compelled to go where other players are grouping. Thanks again. LOVE THIS
Old 03-26-2020, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

I too love this COMPLETELY NON CLASSIC change.

No one went to those places in Classic and that was classic. It was classic to be alone in Infected Paw.

I'm not complaining about this change because whatever. But the next time someone says "They're keeping it classic" as a response to any questions regarding current mechanics I'm going to poke their eye out.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No one went to those places in Classic and that was classic. It was classic to be alone in Infected Paw.

I'm not complaining about this change because whatever. But the next time someone says "They're keeping it classic" as a response to any questions regarding current mechanics I'm going to poke their eye out.
I'm not sure what year you started playing on sonys EQ servers but every zone was being explored in classic. Especially Paw, that zone stayed permanently camped lol. The change would've been even better if they took out ZEM completely ,imagin that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] it literally took players a year to get to 50 in 1999 haha
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 03-26-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what year you started playing on sonys EQ servers but every zone was being explored in classic. Especially Paw, that zone stayed permanently camped lol. The change would've been even better if they took out ZEM completely ,imagin that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] it literally took players a year to get to 50 in 1999 haha
No it wasn't. It was revamped specifically because no one was there. And no one went there after the revamp either. There were specific patch notes from Brad bemoaning how it was a low level dungeon far away from city or binds or merchants and how they were trying to increase the population.

That's not material anyway. My point was that there were frequent pronouncements from the staff that they were going to keep it Classic (tm) by hook and by crook and there was even some quote like I don't care if everyone quits I'm keeping this classic.

With this ZEM change that rationale is now dead and buried. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the changes itself, just that it's time to stop using "but muh classic" as an excuse for anything going forward.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Permafrost if you wish to travel that far for XP will offer the absolute highest ZEM in the game. It's actually crazy (higher than original Crushbone) but really cool if the zone starts getting used. A ZEM that high could even accommodate full groups without it feeling too punishing.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hmm definitely wrong in my opinion. On my server (Bertox), zones like Paw, Runnyeye and Permafrost and Gorge of Xorb (we called it Beholder's) were hot spots for exp grinding. I dont think anyone knew the exact exp modifiers back then but it was definitely Classic to see many groups exp'ing in these zones.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya i dunno what server Bellamy was on but same on Bertox. Splitpaw was THE zone to hit for your 30's. I still wince every time i see those double doors open up; my groups would get trained so often i had a "TRAIN! BACK AGAINST THE WALL" macro lol

edit: i also recall someone on the official forums had made a post stating that with the frequent FS drops that Splitpaw was better plat than HGs in Rathe. but ya, what felt un-classic on Green was the sheer lack of zone diversity being played. in any case, i am supremely happy with this; spreading players out across the world is a far better solution for players begging a Teal reopening
Last edited by Faxi; 03-26-2020 at 01:14 PM..
Old 03-26-2020, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

ZEMs always existed, even in 1999. People just had no knowledge of them until ShowEQ was developed.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-26-2020, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
omfg thank you so so so very much. Now when i ask friends to check out Permafrost Keep or Runnyeye they wont laugh at me. I actually had a long time EQ player reply with "Runnyeye? never heard of it".

Seriously thank you for taking a fresh look at those ZEMs - was getting very very sick of leveling in the same overcrowded zones. I play a class that doesnt solo well so im compelled to go where other players are grouping. Thanks again. LOVE THIS
I totally agree. People started populating unused zones as soon as the server came back up. This could be really awesome.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

they did away with the xp quest stuff aka belts/pads and such already, so whats the difference with this ??
Closed Thread