Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to hear more shaman strats because I've got like 10 total hours play time on a shaman in all my EQ career. Even the spell symbols throw me off. Its a good feeling "whats this do!"

Poor shamans definitely have too many buffs though.
True, same, only lvl 24 on shm once, every shaman I ever grouped with said they were godlike in pvp tho.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Man I am doing real work that I get paid for and my BS work screen just got bumped out of the way and I saw you talking about "level 24 shaman..blablabla...godlike in pvp tho" and I was so pumped to be in upper guk as a fucking ugly ogre shitting on people invading my homeland killing my frog pals that I would be max ally with cuz I only kill dead frogs and for PVP hax.

Good stuff.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man I am doing real work that I get paid for and my BS work screen just got bumped out of the way and I saw you talking about "level 24 shaman..blablabla...godlike in pvp tho" and I was so pumped to be in upper guk as a fucking ugly ogre shitting on people invading my homeland killing my frog pals that I would be max ally with cuz I only kill dead frogs and for PVP hax.

Good stuff.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some day. Thanks for chatting about pvp stuff.

Would love to see more shaman talks on this topic myself.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

The better player always wins or gates. The loser or player who dies sucks shit hole at this game.

Fuck classes it’s about getting the kill in without dying or you suck at the game.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

What is your favorite class Tassador?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

druid because shaman will spend the entire fight trying to land a malo and not ever once land it.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

What classes can realistically defeat a shaman. I know a druid can even if they get a handicap.

Wizards?
Paladins?
Old 01-07-2021, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

As with all pvp the winner is the one that successfully disengages and moves to a more worthwhile target.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What classes can realistically defeat a shaman. I know a druid can even if they get a handicap.

Wizards?
Paladins?
The only classes that ever killed my shaman (on Rallos and here) was a wiz, sk, and once another shaman. Necros are scary but if you are prepared you can nullify their entire offense. Bards can be the ultimate challenge but you can escape any time you want.

Druids have a chance if you are afk... I have no idea how people think a druid gets anything other than curbstomped between 2 skilled players. Druid aint landing shit on me in a range kiting scenario. Which is how is often plays out. Pumice them down. Play defensive. Eventually they see the writing on the wall and gate. Slam ftw. Druids are prey for a shaman.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The better player always wins or gates. The loser or player who dies sucks shit hole at this game.

Fuck classes it’s about getting the kill in without dying or you suck at the game.
Obviously you know your stuff, but are you sure the better player always gates?

Where is the goal in PVP? KDR? Maybe?

I know i previously said victory can be in moving away and moving on. However, if you’re fighting over rights to a camp, farm, honour, reputation, etc, running away doesn’t seem like much of a victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozer Dispozer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only classes that ever killed my shaman (on Rallos and here) was a wiz, sk, and once another shaman. Necros are scary but if you are prepared you can nullify their entire offense. Bards can be the ultimate challenge but you can escape any time you want.

Druids have a chance if you are afk... I have no idea how people think a druid gets anything other than curbstomped between 2 skilled players. Druid aint landing shit on me in a range kiting scenario. Which is how is often plays out. Pumice them down. Play defensive. Eventually they see the writing on the wall and gate. Slam ftw. Druids are prey for a shaman.
Bears hunt lone wolves?
Last edited by Jimjam; 01-16-2021 at 10:12 AM..
Closed Thread