Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't define easy. Enchanters are powerful and have extra indoor camp options. Also easy to die if you lose attention or cast the wrong spell. I would only recommend the class if you look forward to charming, even though it has many other benefits.

They're desired in groups too, which can be nice if it's the looking that bothers you rather than the grouping itself.

After 20 do one of the mage focus quests for instant click reclaim energy. I never leveled with this method but used it to do a little power leveling.
After 20, its easier and better exp to just charm. Also good to start learning around this level because once your 50+, 1 charm break and a stun will have you on a corpse run.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Easiest?

Necros and Enchanters can do the hardest camps solo (necros usually dependent on the camp having undead mobs to charm) and level fast on their own. Extremely late game Shamans can also do difficult solo camps with Torpor but for most part they can’t.

Out of these enchanters are the hardest to play and require more knowledge and have high risk of dying.

Wizards and Druids can solo until 60 and are technically easy to play, druids have a few more tricks though with charming. Quad-kite for weeks, literally.

Mages, Shamans and a few other classes CAN solo to 60 but no idea why you’d want to. Most classes can solo to 50.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

From my experience, throughout the course of leveling, necro is consistently the most fool-proof. I also enjoyed this one of the most. All the control with snare, fear, root, mez, and FD as a get out of jail free card just feels so powerful. Necro power level felt pretty good at the lower levels, but it really felt like it took off starting in the 30s after getting the upgraded lich.

Shaman leveling is pretty meh from 1-33, but when they hit 34, they begin to pick up steam from finally having access to the wolf pet and getting some much needed dot upgrades. There are some options though in the lower levels. Just straight up tanking/meleeing with a dot or two works well enough, especially if you have the funds to buy some starting armor and a spear of blunt weapon with a decent ratio. Once root stops being a big drain on the mana pool you can do some jousting with dots as a sort of modified root/rot. Pop in for a little stabby stabby and back out and sit in time for the med tick.

Mage was the opposite from shaman for the feel of solo power for me. Pets solo'd things easily through the 20s (still have fond memories of fire pet soloing red giants at warsliks woods giant fort with only the aid of 2-3 pet heals. That fire DS is too OP), but getting into the late 30's, pet power level compared to mob damage isn't as good and requires a transition to pet chaining. The main drawback for mage is the lack of CC which means even a single add can me death or forcing you you gate/zone causing a significant disruption to xp/hr.

Wizard is fine, blow things up and sit down for 5 minutes. From the 30s, give or take depending on mana pool, you can quad using the aoe snare you get at 29 or 30 or whatever. Boring, but good for people that take constant afk's.

Druid is flexible. Druid root/rot is ass compared to shaman or necro. Don't bother with it as a primary method of xp gain. Animal charm is good. I leveled my blue druid from 14-34 almost exclusively animal charming, then shifted to quadding from 34-low 50s, then back to charming to cap. Druid quadding is a lot more comfortable than wizard due to access to sow and the flexibility of individual snares prior to rounding the mobs up.

Enchanters are the gold standard of late game power, but that power also comes with risk. Expect to die a lot if you charm, but also have fun soloing camps that usually would require a group. This is the one class in this list that I don't have the experience of leveling myself, so I'll leave comments on strategy for those that know.

Edit: Forgot to add bard. If you learn how to swarm effectively, you can do that from 2-60 and feel like a god. Then you can transition to being a resist/mana song bot in raids.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Mage and necro. The question is easy, not best. Shaman takes a long slow time getting to be a solo'er and is never as lazy to do as nec/mag. Ench is not easy despite being OP. Druid also hits its stride later like shaman and its best tools, charm or quad, take some work that isn't always easy per se.

OP know that in your 50's necro is the more capable but prior to 50 and in the old world mage is dead ass easiest solo class.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Necros can solo the most things in complete comfort and without clenched butt cheeks. This is the major answer.

Other classes can solo big game hunting, or harder camps, or more mobs at once, but with clenched butt cheeks.

Okay maybe the big game soloing for shamans isn't so much clenched butt cheeks and more like going afk for 5 hours to down one mob but ..

Necro is the answer here come on guys
Old 01-08-2021, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly never enjoyed Necro soloing. Fear kiting is annoying, fear breaks are annoying, your pet accidentally stealing the xp is annoying, awful pathing occasionally fucking you over can be annoying.

Soloing on a druid was the best experience. Quad kiting is easy as fuck once you can do it and you breeze through levels and its great for multitasking since you do like 5 minutes of work and then 25 minutes of chilling. Root rotting is also mad easy.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

You don't have to fear kite. You can root rot with a pet, with dots, and mana regen.

They are hands down the most straight forward solo class.

Druid has slow mana regen. Even with most efficient root rot and most efficient quad kiting its worse.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have to fear kite. You can root rot with a pet, with dots, and mana regen.

They are hands down the most straight forward solo class.

Druid has slow mana regen. Even with most efficient root rot and most efficient quad kiting its worse.
Root rot, fear kite, charm kite tons of solo options for necro that are all easy as shit to do.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root rot, fear kite, charm kite tons of solo options for necro that are all easy as shit to do.
Yes, agreed. Necromancer is number 1 top pick for solo class. You can even summon your own corpse if you somehow died in a hell hole somewhere and don't want to fight your way back.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:46 PM
Banned

I still think it enchanter, they can solo just about anything in the game any other class can by tashing and slowing with a hasted animation it won’t be as fast as a charmed pet but it will be super easy level 1-60.
Closed Thread