Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 02:07 PM
Large Rat

Default How do I see other players' spell damage?

Sorry if this has already been asked; I tried to find the answer and failed.

I use YALP to parse DPS for the guild's raids and just realized this morning that it's only capturing melee DPS. I looked at my log and saw that I'm only seeing other peoples' melee damage. What filter / option do I need to set in-game to see other peoples' spell damage numbers?

Thanks in advance! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2020, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Are you standing close enough? You could have it filtered out (check ALT + O Filters tab, and also check the settings on your chat windows themselves) ... but ultimately none of that will matter if you're not close enough.

The same is true of melee too of course, but if you're a melee character you may not have realized.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:25 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, in the raids I'm definitely in amongst the blob of players, for sure.

But I actually noticed this while running YALP in a regular group in Black Burrow. We were curious about each others' damage so I was running it, and that's when I noticed only melee damage is being captured. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I will check those filters, thanks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2020, 01:28 PM
Large Rat

All of the filters are set to 'show'. I'm not sure what else the issue might be. :/
Old 01-20-2020, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Hey bud.

A few things here. First being the short answer to your original question. Can you parse the Spell damage of other people? The short answer is no.

The long answer is yes but not very well. You are getting messages like "A goblin is burned by a wave of fire." (This is an example of a Detect phrase) That is the best that you are going to get in terms of someone landing a spell on a target. I see you said you are using YALP well that is a good start. I can walk you though how to set it up BUT, there still lies a problem that you will never be able to fix. You will only know that the spell ever landed, you wont know if it was partially resisted. So even after seeing the mob getting hit with the spell landing dialogue, you will only be able to Guess that the spell hit for its maximum damage. Also if there are 2 people casting the same spell there is no way to distinguish who's spell landed or got resisted.

Anyways onto how to set your YALP up to parse Other Spell Damage.

1. Options> Calculate Third Party Damage (make sure this is one)
2. Options >Non Melee List
3. New
4. Resist Phrase > Icicle Strike (I just put the name of the Spell I am parsing.)
5. Detect Phrase > is covered in frost. (This is what YALP uses to look in the log to generate the parse so you would have to ask your buddy what spell he is using and use the wiki to get the correct phrase.)
6. Damage Type > Spell: Icicle Strike (This is what you will see when you are viewing the parse so make it the name of the spell and if its a Proc or a Spell)
7. Max Amount > 75 (The damage of the spell)
9. Comment > Put whatever u want here.

Now as long as you are in range of the mob when the spell lands it will add it your Parse.

Pro Tip. You can also add Proc/Damage shields to your own parsing by also using this which will greatly increase your ADPS.

Cheers.
[57 Ranger] Breeann (Wood-Elf) <The Second Sons>
[40 Enchanter] Mellisandra (Human) <The Second Sons>
Last edited by Khaall Drogo; 01-20-2020 at 07:22 PM..
Closed Thread