Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one gonna mention raev or diamondfist or breaken?
You know Raev is the same person as Loraen, who was mentioned a few posts earlier, right?

I actually always think of him as an enchanter first, but it was really interesting to watch him start playing monk after playing enchanter for so many years.

Of the A-Team crew, I actually thought Save and Mauricewhite (Pasi) were the best enchanters. Mauricewhite seemed to have some of the most overall knowledge of EQ compared to anyone else I interacted with.

Looking at recent player things I've seen in videos, Liia has done some really impressive solo stuff across multiple classes.

Not that I know them well, but reading stuff about PVP/training in VP on Blue, Necrious and Sentenza were the names I always heard thrown out the most.

In terms of nicest prominent players in the raid scene, I always thought Hokushin, Franswa, Eabon, and Zagum were pretty great. I'd always want to play under leadership I knew had integrity or were genuinely nice people.

In terms of knowledge of helping this project develop (if that's a worthwhile category), Ele and Daldaen did an absurd number of mechnanics/bug reporting in the earlier phases of this project.
Last edited by zanderklocke; 09-03-2021 at 09:57 AM..
Old 09-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

I've seen a lot of good play makers in the time I played. Necrious stands out in my mind during Kunark. A lot good pullers in the unrooted dragons era.

I will say that Rampage leadership in early Velious was superb. Several guilds started on pretty even footing with the launch of an expansion but Rampage went on to clean house.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 09-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone doubting Loraen/Raev's monk skills has never seen the man juggle between a 2 hander and fist like a mad man to min/max dps. He was really a genius at creating and explaining new techniques/strategies. On top of that, he was one of the best guild leaders this servers ever had.
Last edited by Argh; 09-03-2021 at 04:14 PM..
Old 09-03-2021, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone doubting Loraen/Raev's monk skills has never seen the man juggle between a 2 hander and fist like a mad man to min/max dps. He was really a genius at creating and explaining new techniques/strategies. On top of that, he was one of the best guild leaders this servers ever had.
I agree until that last line, however he came up with a lot of strats, including how ring wars are done now while helping rustle. He was a bit too much sometimes, well lot of times tho.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Shit I forgot mauricewhite. He was definitely up there with Glitch.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Back during the VP train wars, I'd be looking for and dragging corpses back for rezzes. I was pretty good at it. I could live through almost any train dropped on me by flipping H/S back on real quick after getting AEed. I wasn't scared of anyone. Necrious terrified me. Whenever I saw him coming, I knew I was about to die.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know Raev is the same person as Loraen, who was mentioned a few posts earlier, right?

I actually always think of him as an enchanter first, but it was really interesting to watch him start playing monk after playing enchanter for so many years.

Of the A-Team crew, I actually thought Save and Mauricewhite (Pasi) were the best enchanters. Mauricewhite seemed to have some of the most overall knowledge of EQ compared to anyone else I interacted with.

Looking at recent player things I've seen in videos, Liia has done some really impressive solo stuff across multiple classes.

Not that I know them well, but reading stuff about PVP/training in VP on Blue, Necrious and Sentenza were the names I always heard thrown out the most.

In terms of nicest prominent players in the raid scene, I always thought Hokushin, Franswa, Eabon, and Zagum were pretty great. I'd always want to play under leadership I knew had integrity or were genuinely nice people.

In terms of knowledge of helping this project develop (if that's a worthwhile category), Ele and Daldaen did an absurd number of mechnanics/bug reporting in the earlier phases of this project.
wasn't paying attention haha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2021, 08:41 AM
Aviak

Valick, clearly. Easy. Also best explainer.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Sarnak

Qani & Lavittz

Two very different forms of leadership but still very fun. Miss them, too.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qani & Lavittz

Two very different forms of leadership but still very fun. Miss them, too.
Qani was pretty good tbh. Quit dickin around. FoH/Venerate was on the cusp of being competitive for a little while there.