Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2022, 07:23 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Just getting started in Project 1999

So I was wondering if you guys could give me a little bit of advice for a project 1999 newbie. I started up a toon this weekend and I am loving it. I have a level 5 necro, but I just wanted to get some input from some people. I wanted to know if it is a lot harder to be evil and if I am better off making a tank or healer so that I can get into some groups.

I really enjoy the necro, but so far it seems like I can only cast 3 spells before I am OOM. Which is making leveling very difficult, because there is A LOT of downtime between kills. Is it harder when you are broke to play this character? Would I be better off going with a ranger or something out of GFAY? Plus being evil is really annoying, my bags fill so fast because I am trying to save money to buy spells, which btw is a tough task. Then once my bags are filled no one will buy from me, at least in EC. So I am forced to go all the way back to my home spot to sell.

This might be just a low level issue, but I wanted to get some insight into character creation. Is it going to be really hard to level and make PP as a necro?

Any advice is always helpful and if you want to group I will be around! Maybe this is just how it is and I have been spoiled by the watered downess of every game made since. EQ is truly a grind and maybe I just forgot how much it really is. Either way I am excited to get some levels under my belt.