Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-26-2022, 11:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no the void is worse
People like this only want Green to not merge so that they can be the best pixelstar from their little pond and not have someone from blue with 7 years more pixels than them.

The players on blue -- created green and opened up the pathway for where we are today.

Green should be merged with Blue or Red (Take your pick) and a new green cycle should start and same rules should apply where you can play (Green/Blue simultaneously). It's an elegant solution, it doesn't destroy the community or further divide and split it and your character, gear, etc is literally no worse off. I have blue chars and haven't touched them since Green -- but being able to unify all of your efforts, sort of like an EQ hall of fame, needs to happen -- and then **hopefully** eventually they should drop a custom content pack on blue.
Old 10-27-2022, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

If they opened a new green and left green 1.0 running the old green would turn into a ghost town. Blue will continue to have a core playerbase. The "best" case scenario would be even worse, current playerbase split three ways.
Old 10-27-2022, 07:41 AM
Fire Giant

Just delete green and restart. Best case scenario,few angry people leave and come back in 2 months.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

You can't really delete my characters. I remember them all. That information gets lost to entropy... or more aptly transformed... before being passed on.. that is why red 2.0 is so important.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:36 AM
Sarnak

i think there is a decent chance 2.0 never happens. the activity levels of rogean and nilbog seem to be at an all time low and if they decided not to continue with additional servers for the project i don't think anyone would be surprised. they didnt even announce velious release on green. however, there has still been bug fixes and "in-era" updates done by staff after the era has already passed. this would certainty suggest there is a non-zero possibility of a future "green" server.

what happens with green server seems to be undecided. given the recent promotions of some of the guides, and how they have been more active, it does seem like a merge with blue is less likely. they are about to start the new draft system on green, with a different set of rules than blue. if they were going to be merging the servers in < 6 months time, i don't think they would have started to create a new set of rules that lays out drafts for the next year. but it might be outside of the jurisdiction of the guides to really have any knowledge or say in any of that.

so who knows? my personal opinion is they will just run the existing serves as is unless the population gets to low (maybe 1/2 the playerbase on both blue and green) and then consider merging; i don't think they will commit to making green 2.0, and i don't think they are going to merge as long as both communities are regularly killing all the content on the servers.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Planning who gets to touch a pixel years in advance..

G-d help you.

Also if I was Rogean/Nilbog.. at this point I would just leave you to fester in the world which you created.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Announcement probably this weekend.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:46 PM
Banned

if you dont have BIS on green yet, you should still be playing on green!
Old 10-27-2022, 02:47 PM
Banned

again, you guys are expecting GMs and devs to babysit 30-40 yr old men playing elf sim

for the rest of their lives
Old 10-27-2022, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Thats y red 2.0

No need for jannies.