Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-30-2022, 06:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

One issue, not sure if it has been mentioned is the Z axis. Had a situation where a friend was camping the Verix in KC, and he asked me to come help him kill at after it spawned, we figured, F it, we're already there and managed to break the camp and kill him, might as well try to do a few spawns for me and see if i can snag it.....

Except there was some monk that was soloing RCY and had himself on the list because why not, and the only reason he got off the list was because he managed to get himself killed, and that put me into the #1 slot on the list.

He clearly wasn't able to clear the camp solo to kill the PH, but still he was able to put himself on the list and, as i understand it, if Verix had spawned and we killed it, he would of been the only one able to loot it, so basically he would have done literally 0 work and other people would have done the camp for him.

As other's have mentioned, the AFK checks also kind of screw over more casual players (as hilarious as it is to call anyone playing p99 casual), as others have mentioned, at least before this you could go do something else between waiting for spawns.

Having done the VP key on blue on my monk back in 2014/2015, the difference in how the VP key situation is on green, even as late into Velious as we are, is worse and more, for lack of a better word, caustic than it ever was on Blue at that point. That or my memory is just ass (which is entirely possible) and i'm wearing rose colored glasses.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you can't compete and you want the rules changed so no one can receive classic items? Or make it so everyone can get it? Why stop there? Let's remove all sleepers loot as well.
All my accounts are sitting pretty with robust eq 401k and ira accounts in the form of manastoned guised fire pots de masked characters with all alts holding COSs to meet all my needs, like time traveling and buying all the property around Central Park in nyc.

I’d rather not have to play the game this way again though as I mentioned it drastically changes the focus of the game in a heavily un-classic way. These items are a thousand times easier to get than even a fungi later in the game and yet they’re guaranteed to be worth a lot more for a lot less work.

I think they have undue influence on the priorities of classic vanilla era play on these servers. I’d rather have a classic experience than a profitable one.

In the mean time, see you in the pots room.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All my accounts are sitting pretty with robust eq 401k and ira accounts in the form of manastoned guised fire pots de masked characters with all alts holding COSs to meet all my needs, like time traveling and buying all the property around Central Park in nyc.

I’d rather not have to play the game this way again though as I mentioned it drastically changes the focus of the game in a heavily un-classic way. These items are a thousand times easier to get than even a fungi later in the game and yet they’re guaranteed to be worth a lot more for a lot less work.

I think they have undue influence on the priorities of classic vanilla era play on these servers. I’d rather have a classic experience than a profitable one.

In the mean time, see you in the pots room.
NYAC and the Met will never sell their buildings to you
Old 10-31-2022, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They absolutely tainted the experience from day one. Could rename the place P99 GreeD and be just as accurate. Legacy items and the artificial knowledge that everything's on this ticking time bomb expiration clock really shifts a lot of the players' attitudes and behaviors in a selfish direction. There's enough of that already and green just exacerbated it by its very design.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They absolutely tainted the experience from day one. Could rename the place P99 GreeD and be just as accurate. Legacy items and the artificial knowledge that everything's on this ticking time bomb expiration clock really shifts a lot of the players' attitudes and behaviors in a selfish direction. There's enough of that already and green just exacerbated it by its very design.
Bro, pass the salt. I am doing a tequila shot in honor of all the whiners. Getting salt directly from you would let me honor one of the biggest whiners <3
Old 11-03-2022, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

/list is still better than the god awful player run AC list.
Old 07-31-2023, 05:08 PM
Banned

Hi jebbasha I recommend that you update your ChatGPT model as soon as you have the funds. Your last post doesn't come close to passing the Turing test. How would we actually think you are a human with that jibber jabber. Ask your owner to upgrade your AI model.
Old 08-01-2023, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This person definitely didn't run a python app with an imaging library that automated inputs after OCRing the dialog or anything.

It's definitely not published out on the internet or anything.

Definitely not! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Yup. It’s fucked but I am glad it’s out in the open so maybe it can be circumvented if there’s a next time around.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never understood the drive for legacy items. Guise is kind of a cool novelty, but other than that I've never had interest in any of them. Manastone isn't even that useful for the vast majority of people trying to hit 60.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never understood the drive for legacy items. Guise is kind of a cool novelty, but other than that I've never had interest in any of them. Manastone isn't even that useful for the vast majority of people trying to hit 60.
Spoken like a true acolyte of the "no stone" cult.

Manastone is great for hitting 60, but that's not all it's good for.

Also, it's a state of mind.

IFYKYK.