Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-07-2022, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

The real answer is there's better games than this. Get your nostalgic fix from the decaying skeletons, orcs and gnolls, then move on before you're posting in a twelve page thread arguing rules with a bunch of spazzes.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant

Hmm, didn't see any Ancient Blood officers in here respond, but I logged in to remove Selush and it appears he's no longer in the guild, good riddance.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, didn't see any Ancient Blood officers in here respond, but I logged in to remove Selush and it appears he's no longer in the guild, good riddance.
That's good. I'm glad to be wrong in my assumptions about your guild.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were trying to hold down multiple camps in a dungeon (to use a simplistic example, like if you were trying to hold Hands and LCY in Karnors) then yeah the other guy can go pull from one of those camps. If he's pulling from both then he's in violation.
Not according to the posted rules, which is why those rules are basically a running joke because the rules are only rules if enforced, and if you petition you're typically going to get a lose/lose solution anyway.

(According to the rules, as posted) you absolutely can camp multiple things in a dungeon and if someone else shows up and starts taking mobs that you already were killing, unannounced, they are in violation, as they didn't communicate with you first and ask which camp you wanted.

e.g. given your example, if you were holding both Hands and LCY in Karnors, and someone wanted to pull from one of them, they need to ask you first which one you want. If you were sitting in LCY, they need to give you the opportunity to go "oh I'd rather have Hands" and move your group.

However, the "unofficial rule" tends to be you sit on the camp you actually want, pull whatever else you can that someone else isn't sitting on, and if someone else starts killing a camp you aren't sitting on but doesn't ask first if you wanted it, you suck it up and let them take it anyway (an "unwritten FFA rule").

I've talked to GMs first hand in this situation and they confirm the rules are correct that the other party should be asking first, but like I said, if you petition at best they will ensure you have a chance to pick the camp you wanted and at worst will make you both share, and that's if you can even get hold of a GM, so the "unofficial rule" tends to be how it's played.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not according to the posted rules, which is why those rules are basically a running joke because the rules are only rules if enforced, and if you petition you're typically going to get a lose/lose solution anyway.

(According to the rules, as posted) you absolutely can camp multiple things in a dungeon and if someone else shows up and starts taking mobs that you already were killing, unannounced, they are in violation, as they didn't communicate with you first and ask which camp you wanted.

e.g. given your example, if you were holding both Hands and LCY in Karnors, and someone wanted to pull from one of them, they need to ask you first which one you want. If you were sitting in LCY, they need to give you the opportunity to go "oh I'd rather have Hands" and move your group.

However, the "unofficial rule" tends to be you sit on the camp you actually want, pull whatever else you can that someone else isn't sitting on, and if someone else starts killing a camp you aren't sitting on but doesn't ask first if you wanted it, you suck it up and let them take it anyway (an "unwritten FFA rule").
I think both those scenarios actually fit into the official rules.

Let's take the LCY/Hands scenario: the person holding both camps has to ... hold both camps. They only have a few seconds (the staff has never specified exactly how long) to grab the mob, and if they don't they lose the camp.

So, if they are holding both, but they're at LCY and Hands pops, anyone taking Hands is officially in the clear ... as long as they just wait a few seconds to see that no one is taking it on pop.

All the stuff about communicating and picking a camp is if you get there before the pop. If you see him clearing Hands, you can ask "hey are you camping Hands?", and if they say "yes, and LCY", then you can say "I'd like to camp Hands: do you want to keep it (and give me LCY), or do you want to keep LCY and give me hands?"

But again, the only "unofficial" part is the unknown time for waiting: if you take Hands after only one second, did you wait long enough to give the camper a chance to kill it first? That part is admittedly a bit murky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've talked to GMs first hand in this situation and they confirm the rules are correct that the other party should be asking first, but like I said, if you petition at best they will ensure you have a chance to pick the camp you wanted and at worst will make you both share, and that's if you can even get hold of a GM, so the "unofficial rule" tends to be how it's played.
This has not been my experience at all. 99% of the time I resolve camp disputes just fine by explaining the rules and communicating with the other player, but in the 1% of the time where someone isn't following them, the staff has always responded to my petition (if they respond at all) by supporting me and helping me keep my camp.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-09-2022 at 01:12 PM..
Old 11-09-2022, 01:16 PM
Banned

yeah guys i too usually resolve disputes by 5+ page forum dissertations in the UN discord and forum petitions and btw did you read the wiki?

(lol)
Old 11-09-2022, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah guys i too usually resolve disputes by 5+ page forum dissertations in the UN discord and forum petitions and btw did you read the wiki?

(lol)
Yeah, being reasonable and considerate is for losers. Real men LawyerQuest.

If you're not sitting on the spawn, I will kill the mob. Even if you are sitting on spawn, I will only concede if I think you can actually kill it. Think that's a problem? Read the wiki. I'm not doing anything wrong. It's an outdoor zone, you can only claim one spawn.

Dungeon? Have to be LoS. Have to clear the camp. If not, I will step in and take your spawns. Read the camp rules, bro.

Rare named camp? Is the PH dead? No - well now it's my camp. Read the rules, that's allowed bro.

Cmon I got answers for all this shit. I read the camp rules every night before bed. I have them tattooed on my arms, and also printed out and stapled to my wall, just for occasions like this.

Wanna come to some sort of player agreement? GTFO. You want me to ???ask you??? if I can have a spawn? Nah, man.

I don't play this game to make friends, I play this game to be successful. True meta of p99 is being a studious Lawyer to the fake rules made up by volunteer staff on a free emulated server of a 25 year old game.
Last edited by zelld52; 11-09-2022 at 02:08 PM..
Old 11-09-2022, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't play this game to make friends, I play this game to be successful.
10/10
Old 11-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Banned

based
Old 11-09-2022, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

macequest