Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-10-2022, 11:07 AM
Aviak

Default Tired of Diddly

Diddly doesn't port up he just camps in zone.. is not there a rule for this?
Its honestly dumb its meant to be a raid zone.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

first
Old 11-10-2022, 12:25 PM
Banned

whats stopping you from camping there first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2022, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

What's dumb is that it's so safe for Enchanters to solo here on P99 (unlike on live) that they can do incredibly unclassic things like farm hate solo.

If we fixed all the unclassic stuff about Enchanters (eg. we made channeling classic again, as our classic researchers have reported) then Diddly, Itrains, Maxxed, and all the other Hate farmers would die so often that they'd give up trying to farm it.

In short, if we make the mechanics classic, the environment (ie. only guilds raiding Hate) will follow ... but unfortunately Nilbog seems slow to address these issues, so we're stuck with an unclassic Plane of Hate (and Enchanters in general).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-10-2022, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

The only thing wrong with enchanters is channeling, which affects literally any class that casts spells. So by that argument every single class able to cast a spell is unclassic on P99.
Old 11-10-2022, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

If it’s against the rules to camp in hate to farm it, how come they keep getting away with it?
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Im actually curious about the rules related to trains and the farm crews. The spot they kill mobs is 100% on the tracks,and blocks others from pulling.
I don't like training people,but if we don't train them we have no access to any mob on the second floor.

To be clear I don't care that their farming minis, good for them. I just want them to move and not block us from also getting minis
Last edited by PatChapp; 11-10-2022 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Old 11-10-2022, 02:06 PM
Banned

in late stage Velious, i would barely consider hate to be a raid zone lol

it sort of retired to a zone similar to velks where the mobs are killed by people daily but theres one raid mob in there ie velektor, innoruuk etc
Old 11-10-2022, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing wrong with enchanters is channeling, which affects literally any class that casts spells. So by that argument every single class able to cast a spell is unclassic on P99.
Wrong. Enchanter mez is supposed to apply aggro on subsequent casts until mez breaks. On P99 you can remez a mezzed mob to wipe its aggro again. If an Enchanter double mezzed a mob on live they got full aggro for the second mez and then mez broke that is why mobs would stick to them. Never happens on P99 Enchanters drop aggro with ease. This is the other major issue with Enchanter. There are more proven bugs with Enchanter but channeling and mez aggro are the two big ones.

You are right that every caster is unclassic. P99 is currently in mega unclassic mode and there isn't really any excuse for ignoring a core mechanic being broken like this when I even provided the code to fix it and the evidence is a LEAD developer on SONY forums explaining exactly how channeling worked.

Enchanter has the lowest HP of any class and charming mobs, especially indoors, results in being hit a lot. This should result in a lot of danger but due to Enchanters also having CC spells and being able to channel through this combat eliminates that risk.

Yes, it impacts everything though. Your group cleric gets a mob on them and roots it and moves back. Not so fast. That shouldn't be so easy. Your group SK tank who is already in combat casts Disease Cloud on that mob on your group healer. Not so fast. That shouldn't be so easy.

One of the biggest problems is that Enchanter on P99 at level 60 in Velious is pretty close to live Enchanter. Could a level 60 nicely geared Velious Enchanter solo Hate on live? Probably. The issue is that they should have had a MISERABLE time getting to level 60. Enchanters were always the first and most often dead in groups. It was a fucking terrible class to get to high levels. Second this ignores that Enchanter in classic and Kunark era is nothing like live. Apparently since at the end of a server when it's close to dead Enchanter works similar to live we should ignore all that time in between and how those Enchanters ended up where they are at level 60 with max raid gear. This gets back to the "end game life is all the matters" mindset of the majority of P99 players and devs apparently.

In live classic era charm was so broken it was almost guaranteed to get you or your group killed. The mobs fell through the floor, they ran all over the place uncontrolled, warped, attacked your own team who couldn't attack back, there is probably 100 bugs with charm that existed in live classic era and evidence was gathered in bug report threads on this. On P99 charm is totally reliable and understood during classic and is used to power level groups of players up to 50 with backstabbing trivially controlled pets. By the time Kunark launches the server is already FUCKED. Everyone has multiple max level alts, the gear is farmed all to shit, there is 10,000 characters at level 50 waiting for Kunark to open. None of this is remotely close to classic and it directly effects the server over Kunark and Velious era. But I guess none of that matters as long as Enchanter is "kind of the same" at level 60 in Velious with fully equipped raid gear.

Could you give pets fine steel daggers to increase attack speed on live classic era? Yes, you could. Oh too bad it's nerfed on P99 for "balance" reasons.
Could you charm mobs reliably and use them to solo in dungeons? Never. Nothing remotely close to this happened in live during that era. Enchanter was a buggy garbage class just like most other pet classes who would not get invited to groups and if they did people told them to not summon a pet because it would take off running to the other side of the zone for no reason. You're in luck though! P99 loves this non classic mechanic!

In fact I even found a thread on Afterlife forums discussing charm where it clearly discusses how charm wasn't viable except for outdoor zones where the Enchanter also had SoW UNTIL Velious and BECAUSE it has so many larger dungeons where Enchanters had room to do CC and run around.

The silence from the devs about Enchanters and channeling is deafening. This is the meta they want.

While Enchanter at level 60 in raid gear end of Velious era may be close to live most of you scrubs would have NEVER made it that far without these broken mechanics. In fact, if just channeling was fixed, I bet 90% of "raiders" on P99 wouldn't even be able to make it to max level by this point on green.
Last edited by azxten; 11-10-2022 at 03:16 PM..
Old 11-10-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong. Enchanter mez is supposed to apply aggro on subsequent casts until mez breaks. On P99 you can remez a mezzed mob to wipe its aggro again. If an Enchanter double mezzed a mob on live they got full aggro for the second mez and then mez broke that is why mobs would stick to them. Never happens on P99 Enchanters drop aggro with ease. This is the other major issue with Enchanter. There are more proven bugs with Enchanter but channeling and mez aggro are the two big ones.

You are right that every caster is unclassic. P99 is currently in mega unclassic mode and there isn't really any excuse for ignoring a core mechanic being broken like this when I even provided the code to fix it and the evidence is a LEAD developer on SONY forums explaining exactly how channeling worked.

Enchanter has the lowest HP of any class and charming mobs, especially indoors, results in being hit a lot. This should result in a lot of danger but due to Enchanters also having CC spells and being able to channel through this combat eliminates that risk.

Yes, it impacts everything though. Your group cleric gets a mob on them and roots it and moves back. Not so fast. That shouldn't be so easy. Your group SK tank who is already in combat casts Disease Cloud on that mob on your group healer. Not so fast. That shouldn't be so easy.

One of the biggest problems is that Enchanter on P99 at level 60 in Velious is pretty close to live Enchanter. Could a level 60 nicely geared Velious Enchanter solo Hate on live? Probably. The issue is that they should have had a MISERABLE time getting to level 60. Enchanters were always the first and most often dead in groups. It was a fucking terrible class to get to high levels. Second this ignores that Enchanter in classic and Kunark era is nothing like live. Apparently since at the end of a server when it's close to dead Enchanter works similar to live we should ignore all that time in between and how those Enchanters ended up where they are at level 60 with max raid gear. This gets back to the "end game life is all the matters" mindset of the majority of P99 players and devs apparently.

In live classic era charm was so broken it was almost guaranteed to get you or your group killed. The mobs fell through the floor, they ran all over the place uncontrolled, warped, attacked your own team who couldn't attack back, there is probably 100 bugs with charm that existed in live classic era and evidence was gathered in bug report threads on this. On P99 charm is totally reliable and understood during classic and is used to power level groups of players up to 50 with backstabbing trivially controlled pets. By the time Kunark launches the server is already FUCKED. Everyone has multiple max level alts, the gear is farmed all to shit, there is 10,000 characters at level 50 waiting for Kunark to open. None of this is remotely close to classic and it directly effects the server over Kunark and Velious era. But I guess none of that matters as long as Enchanter is "kind of the same" at level 60 in Velious with fully equipped raid gear.

Could you give pets fine steel daggers to increase attack speed on live classic era? Yes, you could. Oh too bad it's nerfed on P99 for "balance" reasons.
Could you charm mobs reliably and use them to solo in dungeons? Never. Nothing remotely close to this happened in live during that era. Enchanter was a buggy garbage class just like most other pet classes who would not get invited to groups and if they did people told them to not summon a pet because it would take off running to the other side of the zone for no reason. You're in luck though! P99 loves this non classic mechanic!

In fact I even found a thread on Afterlife forums discussing charm where it clearly discusses how charm wasn't viable except for outdoor zones where the Enchanter also had SoW UNTIL Velious and BECAUSE it has so many larger dungeons where Enchanters had room to do CC and run around.

The silence from the devs about Enchanters and channeling is deafening. This is the meta they want.
Where is your server with channeling fixed to the classic way? Is it that dueling server that is broken and no one plays?