Still a better server than the Sleeper
Old 07-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

lol @ eqc

it's vapor ware
Old 07-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ eqc

it's vapor ware
EQC was vapor several years ago. Shit's all evaporated by now.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Skeleton

Looks like the implosion is now complete.

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=11&t=3893
Old 10-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointyhat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like the implosion is now complete.

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=11&t=3893
I can see some Toop/Kegz in this Yeahlight guy. He's paying too much attention to the community and taking it all personally.

The fact that he's still responding to people's comments on the forum suggests a temper tantrum and still wanting to work on the project. But yeah, he's so far off getting it done that all the people who actually played in 1999 will be dead before release.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Nostalgia is a helluva drug.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All that is going to mean is, once the project is complete, they will hand it off to someone who is willing to host it illegitimately.
Yeahlight has said that he would rather do whatever he can to see P1999 fail than share his (his emphasis) source code with the P99 team.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarthearmada [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeahlight has said that he would rather do whatever he can to see P1999 fail than share his (his emphasis) source code with the P99 team.
From what I read over there, and I'm no techie... the source code there wouldn't be compatible with the code here anyway.

People get all nostalgic for "true" 1999 EverQuest but when it comes down to it a lot of those people couldn't handle the old UI/meditate button/no item links... and such a server wouldn't sustain the crowd on the same level as P99.

Overall people will jump ship for anything if its deemed a new server..."screw climbing the P99 plat mountain, I want to go and be king of that small hill over there".

EDIT: Also, tried to make an account over there - it was never approved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Ironic that he says it's his source code when he copied most of his work from EQEmu.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I read over there, and I'm no techie... the source code there wouldn't be compatible with the code here anyway.
That isn't the important point. The important thing to remember is that P99 is a team of people willing to take the legal risk of hosting a server that SOE does not approve of. And further, it can't be denied that the core team behind P99 has a lot of technical talent between them.

Quote:
People get all nostalgic for "true" 1999 EverQuest but when it comes down to it a lot of those people couldn't handle the old UI/meditate button/no item links... and such a server wouldn't sustain the crowd on the same level as P99.
A lot of the EQC people had a lot of fun playing the alpha testing server a few months back. But I think you're trying to speak for people that you don't know or understand.

Quote:
Overall people will jump ship for anything if its deemed a new server..."screw climbing the P99 plat mountain, I want to go and be king of that small hill over there".
It doesn't seem accurate or fair to say this. There are specific things that people seem to flock to, and another group of things that people seem to avoid. We can nail down at least a few of these for certain when it comes to games and MMOs specifically. Nobody wants a classic EverQuest server because it would be, in any way, easy. Easy to play. Easy to be the king of. Easy to control. Whatever. If there is an interest in any project, some group of people will come forward to work on it. EQC has apparently come quite close, but its leadership is unwilling to finish it.
Closed Thread