Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard it has the ability to kill animals in it, thus making it a Sociopath Emulator.

Doesn't mean I'm not gonna buy it, but definitely gonna wait til the price drops exponentially.
After one of the missions, you get your buddies' dog and you can throw a ball and he'll fetch it. Threw the ball at the back of the head of some dude talking to a chick... he gets all pissed off and runs up to me. After he throws the first punch, the dog runs up and mauls him. Chick runs off screaming. I bolt before someone calls the cops. Dog runs after me across the street and gets hit by a car. I throw the guy out of the car and stomp the living shit out of him for killing my dog. Some pedestrian calls 911 on their cell phone to report this... huge car chase all around town. Almost lose them on the beach after plowing through a bunch of chicks in bikinis tanning on the beach, slam into a lifeguard shack, then the cops fuck me up in a huge shootout.

So watch where you throw the dog's tennis ball.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

I stole an airliner and crashed into the military base.. See I thought that it was a lot like GTA:SA where you jump out of an aircraft and you automatically have a parachute..

This was not the case, my friends. Thankfully, I got to see the airliner explode on some poor bastards before my body went splat.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After one of the missions, you get your buddies' dog and you can throw a ball and he'll fetch it. Threw the ball at the back of the head of some dude talking to a chick... he gets all pissed off and runs up to me. After he throws the first punch, the dog runs up and mauls him. Chick runs off screaming. I bolt before someone calls the cops. Dog runs after me across the street and gets hit by a car. I throw the guy out of the car and stomp the living shit out of him for killing my dog. Some pedestrian calls 911 on their cell phone to report this... huge car chase all around town. Almost lose them on the beach after plowing through a bunch of chicks in bikinis tanning on the beach, slam into a lifeguard shack, then the cops fuck me up in a huge shootout.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Shit is whack...
Old 09-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stole an airliner and crashed into the military base.. See I thought that it was a lot like GTA:SA where you jump out of an aircraft and you automatically have a parachute..

This was not the case, my friends. Thankfully, I got to see the airliner explode on some poor bastards before my body went splat.
I suddenly want to buy the game now, and crash an airliner into the tallest building I can find... embrace my inner terrorist.
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 09-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still trying to figure out (without playing) how Saint's Row switched from being a GTA Ripoff to a Sci Fi Shooter.
Jumped the shark and since it went from THQ as a publisher to Deep Silver? (or is it the other way around) maybe its because of certain IP issues.

Also I'm sure they are poking the hella fun out of current conspiracy, tinfoilness.

I looked at a youtube video of it. The game play looked almost the same as previous with a few tweaks and updates to minigames + a hacking minigame that looked good.

Over the top comedy satire still in. Don't currently own a working console so havn't played it. But might give it a shot if I did. Saints Row 3 was kind of unimpressive from the few times I saw it. In a sorta DC comics kinda way.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sounds like it has some interesting AI and emergent gameplay still ) I'm sure that tenis ball could be exploited to some hilarious effect.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

So I picked up the game after telling myself I wouldn't because I didn't like GTA 4. The game definitely feels more like the successor to GTA SA, which I loved.

The game world is huge and it is almost mind boggling how much content there is in it. I can understand how it took 5 years to make. There are little details like graffiti and wildlife, mini games, buying stocks on your phone, taking money out of cash registers, I really can't make any semblance of a list that does justice.

Anyway, I haven't even played that much of the actual story yet. As soon as I did the intro missions and had access to the world I spent hours just dicking around. I stole a plane from the airport, and tried to steal some vehicles from the military base. They really are no joke there this time. I ran towards a helicopter only to be thrown back by the sudden explosion of it being hit by a missile or launched grenade. I've enjoyed the missions I did play and my friends talk about how much fun they've had doing the later missionss.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 09-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

So disappointed it wasn't released on vita like i had previously heard. im sure there will be a half assed port over in the next year.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 09-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned

just beat it, shits rad
Old 09-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Anyone else notice the resemblance?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I actually think Trevor's character is 1/3 Grumpy Cat, 1/3 Jack Nicholson and 1/3 Samuel L. Jackson.