Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Mascotting (that correct?) sounds fucking rad. Solid choice for fun + exercise.

I'm a DBA for the day job. It's nice to work from home, although I really need to get my indoor bike set up again to keep in decent cardio health. I've been doing this shit for ages. Pays well, and it is pretty easy for me for the most part.

BUT

I hate working for others, so, my wife and I run a small cidery. We got our liquor license a couple years ago and operate out of our basement. Recently, we signed a lease on a production facility so will be going from 2 x 4bbl stainless brite tanks w/ 200 gal fermenters to 2 60bbl brites, 2 60bbl fermenters and a 40bbl foeder.

Hopefully, we will be up and running, including tasting room, by next spring. Maybe in a couple years we can replace my day job salary and I can finally have a bit more time for woodworking and doing other shit I really enjoy.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatevergenious.
Whateverogenous - a sexually adventurous individual
Old 08-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whateverogenous - a sexually adventurous individual
Lol

Anyways and reread what I wrote,
The lebron and lakers bit was suppose to read as I just recently had my foot in their door but turned them down but with all the hype to come to the lakers and la in general I feel as if I may have passed up the number one gig.
Oh well, it’s really not as if I’d make anything close to the actual players.

Besides this job and my main 9-5,
My Career path if you can call it that is to tour the world once more with a much better band that considering my past experiences I’ve decided to start solo and grow from there.
There’s not much money in it unless you have the dream team but cost wise it is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to see the world. IMO.

Phew I’m chatty
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 08-04-2018, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Door to door kitchen cleaners. Pays alright but perks of railing desperate housewives is the reason i stick with it.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 08-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

I went to school for artsy things; got job in non-artsy thing; was bored as hell for five years; went back to school for graphic design; now I'm the creative director of my company. I love it. When I was in the job I didn't like, I told myself I could satisfy my creativity with outside projects, but that never worked. I need a job that's fulfilling otherwise I am miserable. I like making things.
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 08-04-2018, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went to school for artsy things; got job in non-artsy thing; was bored as hell for five years; went back to school for graphic design; now I'm the creative director of my company. I love it. When I was in the job I didn't like, I told myself I could satisfy my creativity with outside projects, but that never worked. I need a job that's fulfilling otherwise I am miserable. I like making things.
cool. make me a sandwich.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cool. make me a sandwich.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 08-05-2018, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so much for the tolerant left
Old 08-05-2018, 01:58 AM
Banned

Get an entry level position utilizing your existing skills and talents. Then, figure out how to make the company a shit load of money or save them a shit load of money. Leverage your successes for more opportunity, promotion, partnership, or a better offer with the competition.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:00 AM
Banned

Anyone telling you they have the secrets to life and prosperity and happiness are likely trying to sell you a giant brontosaur sized pile of shit.
Closed Thread