Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-31-2021, 03:48 AM
Large Bat

Default Crashing while zoning

hey guys i am crashing while zoning or loading into the game about 30% of the time. Sometimes i can go 6 hours with no zoning crashing, sometimes its 5 times in a row. The game is almost unplayable. I tried the admin fix, the resolution fix, pretty much everything i can find on the forums. I remember when I played on blue 6 years ago I never had this happen. Im trying to pinpoint whats causing this. Ive uninstalled reinstalled atleast five times. Ive tried changing eqclient.ini files. Nothing will work. Anybody have any suggestions?

I remember listening to sirkens podcast a few years ago and he had iirc nilbog on, and nilbog was asked about this crashing while zoning and iirc he said something to the likes of "its sounds like a connectivity issue". However, I can play any other games and this doesnt happen. Ive been playing almost five weeks now and the amount of time Ive wasted crashing is depressing. Anybody have anymore suggestions or perhaps a way I can troubleshoot what the issue might and how to address.

Thanks

Also Ive read it could be a packetloss issue? So I ran a few cmd " ping -n 100 1.1.1.1" and it shows on average 8% to 30% packetloss, it just varies. If this is for sure whats causing this how can I fix this? Any why isnt it happening on other games? Also why dont I get d/c while in a specific zone its only when changing zones(zoning)?
Last edited by doodoobrown; 08-31-2021 at 03:51 AM..
Old 08-31-2021, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

Would love to know if there's a fix to this too. Last night I ran my enchanter across the world doing the Stein of Moggok quest, and I crashed on the boat zoning to Erud's Crossing which cost me about an hour of work running all the way back and trying again.

It happens every so often beyond that too, but that was the one time it seriously hurt.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

You have any UI Errors? (red text in chat) on load up? Or check UIErrors.txt in your EQ directory for errors.

I only crash when going into Character Select because the UI has dependencies in other folders and this causes weird issues but if you remove dependencies this issue goes away so I assume maybe this is related to errors with UI load up? maybe.

Or/also maybe check dbg.txt in your logs folder after a crash, try to force a crash and check your logs.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:39 AM
Large Bat

Here is UI Error When crashing

UIErrorLog created at Tue Aug 31 06:28:40 2021
[Tue Aug 31 06:28:41 2021] Error: Could not find child in window TargetWindow

im just using the default ui tho, so i dont know why that would cause an error. And as for the dbg I dont really understand how to read it, but no i never get an error, it just never zones. This happens liek 40% of the time when zoning. Its unplayable currently like this.