Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-24-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Autistic players probably have less issues being hyper focused on mashing buttons in the proper sequence sitting at their desk for 18 hrs straight than regular players. Maybe this is why DSM is confused at the concept of mental fatigue and not being able to play 100% perfectly all day long without losing focus and doesn't understand that playing a shaman to the level he's talking about requires significantly more focus and attention than hitting 1-2 buttons and sitting as a mage.

All jokes aside having autism kinda seems like having video game superpowers and I'm a little jealous
This wasn't even a good troll post. Bad and uninspired. Try harder next time please.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This wasn't even a good troll post. Bad and uninspired. Try harder next time please.
Wasn't even trolling I honestly believe there's something to it. I have some gamer friends on the spectrum and they're able to focus much more intensely for longer periods than I am. They also tend to be better at games than I am as a byproduct. You seem to legitimately not understand how people would struggle to play perfectly optimally for very long grind sessions. You also don't seem to acknowledge that shaman takes a lot more effort to play well than mage does. That's something autistic folks probably don't struggle with and wouldn't understand.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't even trolling I honestly believe there's something to it. I have some gamer friends on the spectrum and they're able to focus much more intensely for longer periods than I am. They also tend to be better at games than I am as a byproduct. You seem to legitimately not understand how people would struggle to play perfectly optimally for very long grind sessions. You also don't seem to acknowledge that shaman takes a lot more effort to play well than mage does. That's something autistic folks probably don't struggle with and wouldn't understand.
I understand people have different levels of focus. The simple truth is you are overestimating the amount of work a Shaman has to do. It is how you are trying to lower a Shaman's DPS capabilities without actually providing real data.

Not to mention you are completely forgetting about the two Enchanters lol. They are putting in a lot of work keeping the pets charmed, the group safe, and providing the vast majority of the DPS. The Mage is the only person in the group who is basically sitting around doing nothing, adding little value.

If the people you are playing with have focus issues as you claim, you probably wouldn't have 2x Enchanters in your group to begin with. At that point your group isn't worrying about efficiency. They are simply trying to play the class they could use the best. That isn't what this thread is about. OP is not asking which combination would work best assuming you have lower focus levels, time, ability, etc.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-24-2022 at 05:46 PM..
Old 08-24-2022, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah. Don't confuse 25 year old elf sim with modern competitive online games.

EQ is a game of doing the same thing over and over and over again in the proper order.
Bruh did you see the kael racer video? Someone researched for months to notice a milliseconds difference to try and prove someone cheated, and they ended up changing the rules for the aow/statue encounter after that. The examples they provided was more in depth than most people's college capstone projects .
Old 08-24-2022, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's sad that you did, because the example is horribly wrong. It is such an obvious strawman that it just makes you and Vexenu look silly[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a good thing though. It shows everybody that you don't understand math problems, because you think a real life situation such as a runner running towards a specific location is the exact same thing as a video game where the math never changes, the rules are fixed, and it is a much simpler world. You are also expending a lot less energy as a whole.

Running long distances is much harder and more complex than playing a video game for a few hours lol.

When you can't win with evidence, you got back to trolling.
blink.jpg
Old 08-24-2022, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Yes Karanis, physically running for days at sprint speed is not the same thing as playing a video game in your house for a few hours.

It is unfortunate basic ideas confuse you.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-24-2022 at 06:09 PM..
Old 08-24-2022, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Guys, spamming canni 4 and torpor almost nonstop for hours can cause some mental and physical fatigue for your average player.

DSM: YOU THINK SPRINTING FOR DAYS IRL IS EASIER AND THE EXACT SAME THING AS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES?!? LOL

Sure bud, sure. That's exactly what we were saying.

blinking2.jpg
Old 08-24-2022, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-24-2022, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys, spamming canni 4 and torpor almost nonstop for hours can cause some mental and physical fatigue for your average player.

DSM: YOU THINK SPRINTING FOR DAYS IRL IS EASIER AND THE EXACT SAME THING AS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES?!? LOL

Sure bud, sure. That's exactly what we were saying.

Attachment 18486
Lol you really need to learn how to read. I guess you don't know the context for my post you quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This needs to be settled with an actual demonstration where DSM tries to keep up with Mage DPS for a couple hours straight. It will quickly become apparent that he is wildly overestimating his ability to sustain respectable DPS for more than a few minutes at a time, despite what his "math" says.

Example of DSM math:

DSM: Did you know that Usain Bolt can run 100 meters in approximately ten seconds?
Non-autist: Cool.
DSM: By my calculations that means Usain Bolt can run from New York to Los Angeles in just 5.2 days.
Non-autist: No man, that's not how that works.
DSM: Clearly you just don't understand math.
Vexenu is trying to compare running at sprint speed for 5 days to playing a video game with simple rules for a few hours.

The comparison is nonsensical. I never made an argument like this. Playing a video game for a few hours at an efficient level is not even in the same league as running from Los Angeles to New York. If you don't understand the difference, you are simply a fool.

Sorry you don't understand basic math or logic.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

No he’s’ not. He is making fun of your broken logic. Did you miss the not-so-hidden analogy?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2