Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-27-2022, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

Default Ready to port

Eliahu, my druid, recently reached his first group port spells. Although I'm still mostly focused on leveling and adventuring, I'm really excited to start being able to interleave that with taking a break to wander around porting people.

This is my first character on P1999 (and first time playing EQ since 1999), so I don't really know where to go to advertise ports. Doing a cycle of all my Rings seems possible, but that's also going to be where all the other druids might be advertising. Where should I be going? Where do people need ports from? What are the best hours Keep in mind I'm level 31, so I don't want to be traveling through too many dangerous high-level zones.
Last edited by bcbrown; 08-27-2022 at 10:38 PM..
Old 08-27-2022, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Bind at "Hammer Hill" in Overthere.

Make a /ooc macro advertising ports. Try to get a potg or C2 (gift of pure thought while you're underleveled) from a friendly 60 druid or enc.

Keep leveling in OT (root rot/nuke is pretty good with big boy buffs, but I highly recommend charming animals). Hit that /ooc port macro every so often. Eventually hit level 44 (will probably have to venture elsewhere as it'll green out...I highly recommend charming in gator pits in CT), get Cobalt Scar port. Stop there and port for cash and stack dem chips til you're able to fund your first alt with a full set of twink gear.
Last edited by Toxigen; 08-27-2022 at 10:54 PM..
Old 08-27-2022, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

WC and Hammer Hill in the Overthere seem to be the two biggest hubs
Old 08-28-2022, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the advice. Hammer Hill has been decent for business so far, although I learned the hard way that there's a guard by the boat that can see undead and is KOS to good races.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WC and Hammer Hill in the Overthere seem to be the two biggest hubs
These + the EC tunnel sees a good bit of action
Old 08-30-2022, 06:54 AM
Orc

Bind at Hammer Hill in The Overthere like Toxigen stated. This spot will be one of your best for ports. West Commons is probably the second best spot. I pop over to Butcherblock every so often and advertise ports. You can also advertise other services like item transfer. When you get your velious ports, or before if you prefer, have a wizard translocate you to Cobalt Scar and Grab a Tooth. This will save you the long run. Join Dial-a-Port.
Old 10-29-2022, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

I'm ready to get my Velious ports now, but I'm a little scared about running across the Wakening Land to buy them from the vendor. Is Wuoshi regularly killed, or do I need to worry about getting nuked as soon as I port in? With sow and invis, can I semi-safely run across WL to the vendor in the middle of the lake?
Old 10-30-2022, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

I made the run and it was pretty safe. Porting to WL now!
Old 10-30-2022, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm ready to get my Velious ports now, but I'm a little scared about running across the Wakening Land to buy them from the vendor. Is Wuoshi regularly killed, or do I need to worry about getting nuked as soon as I port in? With sow and invis, can I semi-safely run across WL to the vendor in the middle of the lake?
Pro-tip, ask a wizard to translocate you to Cobalt Scar and just get that tooth and you're done. Don't need the tooth to get TL'd there.

Wuoshi is usually down, but ask any dial-a-port member and they'll probably know, or most random Riot/Vanquish probably will too.