Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Old 10-27-2022, 05:09 AM
Sarnak

Default Experience Bug

Hello,

I was not sure where to post that bug, and I hope it's the right place. My apology if it is not.

I have a human wizard that has been quadding in CS and WL for some time now, and I have not seen any difference in xp grinding there at level 54 and level 55.

A quad in CS consisting of wyverns and / or Cobalt Drakes gave 1%xp tops.
So did a quad of 4 suits in WL when I was in double hell level (54). And they still do now that I'm level 55

Considering level 55 requires half as much xp to complete as 54, I expected quads to give a lot more experience at 55, and the grinding process to be a lot faster. But they don't, and grinding to 56 is as long & tedious

Ok some mobs will turn green between 54/ 55, but Suits are blue to 60. So I would like to understand why 4 blue con mobs don't give more xp at 55 than they did at 54

Thanks
Old 10-27-2022, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Cause they want leveling a wizard to be as painful as possible lmao. Just wait till 59, like 3-4 quads for a %. It's awful /nod
Old 10-27-2022, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

There is no bug, exp is easy 1-60 every class . Don't look at the gauge , just exp efficiently.
Drippin#7277
Old 10-27-2022, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

XP needed to get through 54: 46,090,700
XP needed to get through 55: 33,568,400

It's not half, it's less, but it's not half. At 55 if you're doing suits you'll get over 1% per quad and occasionally see a 2% tick up.

In any event, at 55, you should just stick with wyverns until 57. Suits respawn too slowly and require too much mana to kill compared to the number of wyverns you can contest for. At 55 you should be able to grab 8 and do 2 quads with one bar of mana and maybe a harvest if you don't have good enough gear, about every 10-11 minutes. More if you just go port and grab C2/POTG regularly which you can't do at suits nor is it as useful. Suits are 4 mobs every 14.5 minutes, you spend like 3 minutes at full mana doing nothing, it's an inefficient use of your time until they're literally the only option.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:59 PM
Orc

Here's another thread on the subject. My conclusion from it was the P99 wiki description of level 55+ XP totals has been incorrect for years.
Old 10-28-2022, 03:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
XP needed to get through 54: 46,090,700
XP needed to get through 55: 33,568,400

It's not half, it's less, but it's not half. At 55 if you're doing suits you'll get over 1% per quad and occasionally see a 2% tick up.

In any event, at 55, you should just stick with wyverns until 57. Suits respawn too slowly and require too much mana to kill compared to the number of wyverns you can contest for. At 55 you should be able to grab 8 and do 2 quads with one bar of mana and maybe a harvest if you don't have good enough gear, about every 10-11 minutes. More if you just go port and grab C2/POTG regularly which you can't do at suits nor is it as useful. Suits are 4 mobs every 14.5 minutes, you spend like 3 minutes at full mana doing nothing, it's an inefficient use of your time until they're literally the only option.

You're right, 55 requires only 33% less xp than 54 does, not 50%
It's just that CS is often crowded with druids/ wizards quadding said mobs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and when'Im waiting on suits to repop I can snag some CoV faction with Laborers / mercs too.

Off to CS again then
Old 10-28-2022, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, 55 requires only 33% less xp than 54 does, not 50%
It's just that CS is often crowded with druids/ wizards quadding said mobs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and when'Im waiting on suits to repop I can snag some CoV faction with Laborers / mercs too.

Off to CS again then
I found that perseverance and being competitive with the mobs is key, eventually people leave because they have no mobs to kill, and then you have the zone mostly to yourself for awhile until other people come in to try.

You'll have periods where there's a lot of competition, just stick it out, if someone hasn't touched the mob but is staring at it, take it, they're too slow. The harder you fight for mobs the more people want to give up, which gives you more mobs. Then just be vigilant about avoiding Yvolcarn and Azureake and you're fine.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Agreed,

Slow & steady wins the race in my book too, and I'm quite patient (and a sucker for trade skills who completed 8th shawl on a Ranger back on Live).

But what triggered my curiosity is that I've already leveled a few characters on Blue, and I clearly remember 55 being WAY faster on a rogue & a sk killing the same mobs I did at 54 (the Hole groups, BB/ NRo guards), so I was expecting to finish level 55 a lot faster with a quadding wizard with PötG 90% of the time

Let's see how 56 goes now...
Old 12-28-2022, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

This is conpletely anecdotal and not class specific. But every time I solo a char past 54 I always am disappointed by how little the exp improvement is from 54 to 55.
Old 12-28-2022, 03:58 PM
Banned

54-60 just really sucks altogether.

Yeah, 54 and 59 are double hells technically, but those last five or six levels just suck