Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 11-11-2022, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Default Druid Charm mid-late 30s.

Hey priest crew. Looking for a (hopefully classic) zone where I can charm mobs from 36-39+

Gators in CT has been my go-to, but occasionally the camp is taken. Looking for a backup.

Is kedge possible at 36? Or am I too low?

Trying to stay in classic, so I can (ab)use my manastone.

Tx
Old 11-11-2022, 11:39 AM
Orc

I liked Iceclad around that range, there are usually enough dire wolfs to charm and hardly anyone ever around. I never had to stray far from the port, which made it super convenient. I have never used a mana stone before though, so I don't know the restrictions there.

Gators in CT were great for me, but I'm on Blue so probably less traffic through there. It was almost never camped. If CT was camped I would go to the Ancient Croc and do those gators. Got good xp and some gatorscale leggings.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:40 AM
Orc

The Ancient Croc was camped more often than CT though.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Overthere could be a good alternative. Big level range there gotta find the right spot.

You just can't beat the CT's ZEM.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overthere could be a good alternative. Big level range there gotta find the right spot.

You just can't beat the CT's ZEM.
yep, I;m gonna be sad when the camp greens out. I might bind in OT and this way make a lil money from porting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked Iceclad around that range, there are usually enough dire wolfs to charm and hardly anyone ever around. I never had to stray far from the port, which made it super convenient. I have never used a mana stone before though, so I don't know the restrictions there.

Gators in CT were great for me, but I'm on Blue so probably less traffic through there. It was almost never camped. If CT was camped I would go to the Ancient Croc and do those gators. Got good xp and some gatorscale leggings.
manastone only works in classic zones, so no Velious or Kunark -- BUT i can port back to commons or something and manastone up and then gate back to iceclad
Old 11-11-2022, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep, I;m gonna be sad when the camp greens out. I might bind in OT and this way make a lil money from porting.
solid idea, can also snag C2s and POTGs at HH

Just track for blue animals, charm em, kill sarnaks with em [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Aviak

I liked OT ramp around those levels i think, can grab a partner and a rhino and have at it if you prefer. With a good monk/warrior exp flies, sooo many mobs and with you pulling/rooting and your partner just going from mob to mob time flies.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is kedge possible at 36? Or am I too low?
Kedge probably is too high for you. The Per-Level Guide has the entrance starting at level 40, and while you might be able to do it a level or two early, doing it at 36 is almost certainly going to get you killed.

However, the guide also mentions Iceclad and Emerald Jungle as options (neither is manastone-friendly though), or there's also griffons in North Karana (which obviously is good for the stone).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:19 PM
Banned

i would check the wiki
(lol)
Old 11-11-2022, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

After CT gators I can't think of anything in old world until Kedge for charming. I think around 35 I transitioned to quadding the pirates in FV, then random trash dreadlands after that. I didn't pick up charming again until 53ish in the permafrost bear pits.