Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 05:28 AM
Kobold

Default Is Red the way to go?

Obviously, I know the answer from most, or maybe all of you... but I suppose I'll go into what I'd like to do with my time on EQ, and would it be reasonable to accomplish starting fresh; with nothing.

First off, I'd like to play a Cleric, or a Healer at best. Cleric>Shaman|Refuse to play as a Druid though, unless they are welcomed in group as much as the next healer (which they aren't from my perspective).

If not a Cleric... I'm honestly not sure what to play. Best with Cleric for PvE, did all the top end raiding back in the day as one, GG as Cleric PvE, but they're not so great at PvP, and seems they suck at soloing; at least not geared... I'd have to rely on grouping, which I'm also unsure if any of that goes on with the current population/it being a PvP server.

I suppose I'd just roll Mage, or Necro... but meh.

I am very much PvE oriented. I love grouping, raiding, and organized PvP (though I doubt there's any of that here from what I've been reading).

One of my concerns though is; the 280% XP Boost or whatever. It's tough enough having plat for spells early on, but hitting some of these levels quickly does not help that either.

I'm just rather curious how the grouping goes. Do I need to worry if I roll Cleric, finding groups? I'm assuming yes, but soloing is fine too with the boost I suppose. Or does that only apply to GROUPS?

I know this is long, and some people can't comprehend reading anything that isn't shorter than a paragraph on the interwebz, but if anyone cares to answer any of my concerns; I'd love to hear them.

Brunzil / Zulzephur of Tarew Marr - Drinal
Brunzil of Rallos Zek - Zek
Old 08-08-2015, 05:33 AM
Banned

the exp bonus is for groups

50% flat bonus and 40% for each additional group member
Old 08-08-2015, 05:44 AM
Kobold

So one is fucked if they want to solo, or are forced to solo.

Good to know.

Though fine if I role Cleric, if I want to get tossed around by twinks and the like if not grouped.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:56 AM
Banned

Stay away .
Old 08-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stay away .
K.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:13 AM
Fire Giant

could be if the ruleset changed and if nerds who are 4 years ahead didnt be such hypocrits. Even now that p1999 is official people who would play red wont roll on a 4 yeard old server where everyone is bis and has 123987812390 lvl 60 characters due to bonus exp. PvP players like competition, wich is zero on this server atm.

I think now that p1999 got official ( or wathever ) devs should really think about giving red99 another try, i cant speak about blue health but i know red99 could be another place, wich it isnt and its a pity, im sure loads of pvp players who want a fresh classic experience are out there, many more than in here atm. they just have to know this option exists and its not fucked up with 4 yeard old vets of the server who have it locked
Last edited by DRAGONBAIT; 08-08-2015 at 06:15 AM..
Old 08-08-2015, 06:17 AM
Fire Giant

is it hard to transfer all the red code to the test server and just open another pvp server fresh and classic? u would see for yourself what would happen if u get the proper ads on the proper forums ( wich is damn easy ). Just do it, and see for urself what would happen, how many pvp players would roll there, i tell u know the outcome, easy to imagine really. dont wipe red99, dont close it, just add another fresh and classic and see for yourselves, if noone plays u can close it again.

and i said classic, no bonus exp shits etc.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Sirken, can we perma ban krazy and all his accounts? Not only is he a human monk but he also is an RMTer and hurting the population of the server.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulzephur - Tarew Marr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So one is fucked if they want to solo, or are forced to solo.

Good to know.

Though fine if I role Cleric, if I want to get tossed around by twinks and the like if not grouped.
Still quicker than soloing on blue, but yes... slower than at least getting one other person on board.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken, can we perma ban krazy and all his accounts? Not only is he a human monk but he also is an RMTer and hurting the population of the server.
Obviously it takes more convincing than a simple "stay away" comment to make up my decision.

If there were an Xp boost for soloers, especially a Cleric who may not get a group early on due to population; I'd consider it... unless I won't have an issue finding a group while leveling that is even better.

Though I have other concerns still. Hoping anyone can comment on their behalf so I can form a better decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still quicker than soloing on blue, but yes... slower than at least getting one other person on board.
Oh... I was thinking 50% bonus for first group member; then 40% after per. So 50% quicker solo? Hmm... that alone won't give me a reason to make the switch. I suppose I should log on after I sleep and take a look at the level ranges.

Last edited by Zulzephur - Tarew Marr; 08-08-2015 at 09:43 AM..
Closed Thread