Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Default Classic necro leveling guide?

Never played an evil toon but on green want to play a de necro. I see people killing dwarfs in bb or ogre guards. Freeport guards etc.

Anyone done the necro leveling know some good spots and level ranges needed?

Thx in advance necros
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 08-21-2019, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

As an evil necro, I forget the level range but killing the sisters in Ocean of Tears is good $$$.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Yea sisters are good money.

Off the top of my head:
The early game is pretty generic. Nek then lavastorm/EC then oasis/ WC. I imagine crag spiders in EK will be pretty packed.

The big hit is using Rest the Dead when you are in your 30's in Lguk and charming stuff around LT . That's pretty good exp until you can move top safe hall and work towards Lord/frenzy. The Sent area is pretty good by itself when you can manage the dars.

Also can do hags and basement when you are in your 30's. Just be ready to book-it when charm breaks. Or be far away and FD then /q

That should take you to 50.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdr...Strategy_Guide
I highly recommend ^
Old 08-21-2019, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Yea, sesserdrix is probably one of the best necros to have graced the server with their presence.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-21-2019, 11:22 PM
Fire Giant

Locations
12-16 - Misty Storyswapper (AFK), Oasis of Marr (Active), Sisters (Active).
16-20 - Kurns Tower (Active), Orc Alley (Active).
20-24 - Crag Spiders (Active), Aviak Guards (AFK).
24-31 - Cordelia Minster (AFK), Stronger Bards (AFK), Aviak Fortress (Active), Splitpaw Exterior (Active), Treants (AFK), Sister's Isle (AFK).
31-34 - Halfling Guards(Active).
34-37 - Toll Booth (AFK), WC Druid Rings (AFK), EC Druids (AFK), Dwarves (AFK).
37-44 - Oasis Specres (Active), Feerrott Spectres (Active).
44-51 - City of Mist (Active), Ogguk Guards (Active), Bloodgills (Active).
51-55 - Felwithe Guards (Active), Neriak Guards (Active), Lower Guk (Active), Nobles (AFK), Bards (AFK)
55-60 - City of Mist: Cloud Stairs (AFK), City of Mist: Ramparts (Active), Howling Stones: Entrance (Active), Howling Stones: Basement (Active).

this is awesome in that guide didnt even see it, thx boys
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 08-22-2019, 07:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is really an excellent guide!

There is one thing I would like to add to the Necromancer Strategies, one of the "other styles" that has worked so well for that I used it outdoor pretty much exclusively: Reverse Kiting.

You basically pull with darkness and dot the mob up as much as possible, then you run away. The mob will chase you. Your pet will follow the mob and do damage from behind (taunt /off). Stop every once in a while to recast the dot once the mob comes in range. If a mob doesn't summon, you can always kill it like that, even dragons. It works best with J-Boots of course.

The advantage of this strategy is that you always keep a safe distance. If you use the root-strategy it may break randomly. If you use the fear-strategy the mob runs around randomly and may even run out of range while you are recasting dots. With reverse kiting you have everything under control.

I don't recommend to charm any undead unless you are trying to do some special stuff like killing the Lord in Guk. There it makes sense to charm one Bok Knight and simply let it die. Then you FD, charm the other Bok Knight and kill the Lord with it.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whoa there it is! (I never thought of looking on the wiki? lol I am dumb.)

I was looking all over for this a month ago but couldn't find it, did he never post on these forums? I cant find a username for him at all to find that guide. I was wondering what happened to him if he still played but maybe he never posted here at all? I thought he was an active poster.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
His guide sticks largely with Antonica too, so its good for a fully classic run through with no Kunark.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reverse Kiting.

You basically pull with darkness and dot the mob up as much as possible, then you run away. The mob will chase you. Your pet will follow the mob and do damage from behind (taunt /off). Stop every once in a while to recast the dot once the mob comes in range. If a mob doesn't summon, you can always kill it like that, even dragons. It works best with J-Boots of course.
That's just normal DOT kiting. No "reverse" needed.

Reasons Fear Kiting is better:
  • You're medding, not running. Less time between fights and fewer chances for a missed keypress / lag spike / unexpected add to screw you.
  • When fear breaks, you're medding and have time to react / recast fear. I can get two fears in before Engulfing Darkness ends. Less useful for SHD, who is doing the whole chase thing and so when fear breaks they get smacked a few times, but they can take it.
  • Pet can keep taunting. The mob probably won't turn on your pet when fear breaks, but it's always nice when it does.
  • DoTs were nerfed to only do 66% damage when the mob is running at its target, (thanks, Druids). Standing and fighting or running scared, they do full damage.
  • Those full damage DoTs are going to be useful in beating your pet for 50% of the damage. In a group of any size this doesn't matter, let Jobober do most of the work.
  • Much less room required.
  • Necros don't get a lot of efficient nukes, and to my understanding no targeted AE spells / rains. (SHD get 2 AE spells. One doesn't do any damage.)
  • Fear kiting requires Snare and Fear. NEC and SHD get both. Other classes have to split duties or choose their quarry more carefully (animals, undead, etc.)

I will accept that when things go pear-shaped, old-fashioned kite-flying is not a bad idea, but it is so much less efficient and effective for necromancers.
Last edited by Benanov; 08-22-2019 at 10:21 AM..
Closed Thread