Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Banned

Default Archeage - So you want to be a Pirate!

Here I'll cover some of the basics of Archeage and explain the Faction known as Pirate!

The Basics:

Archeage starts out very much like WoW with two separate Factions to choose from; East and West. Currently their are two races for each faction with more being added soon. You won't see PvP action until lvl 30 when you can start lvling up outside of the safezones.

How to Level:

Just like WoW you'll be given many themepark type quests to develop your character in the beginning. You will gain exp off tradeskills as well.

How to Gear Up:

The games is truly a sandbox in this regard. You can gain gear from questing, dungeon instances, world raid mobs, tradeskills, and PvP Honor pts.

Tradeskill System

This is where the game gets truly unique. One of the best ways to make money and gear is through tradeskills. You can plant crops, raise animals, and collect resources. Once the resources have been Harvested/Mined/Raised they can either be used to create something or sold. Both are great ways to make cash. And the tradeskill aspect directly impacts world PvP. To make use of/sell various tradeskill goods you must load them onto packs on either a mount or ship. If your mount or ship are destroyed the packs fall onto ground and can be picked up by players and whisked away by their own mounts or ships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXrnSqbVgwA

Crime

Killing players of your own faction in Archeage is totally possible, it will not gain you honor pts but will gain you infamy pts. Comming crimes can earn you jail time, which you must either escape from(and incur more infamy pts) or do your time. If your infamy raises too high you become a Pirate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmEZQUxU_Ho

Being a Pirate

After attaining infamy 3000 pts, you are banished to Pirate Island, every world guard besides the ones on the Island are now KOS to you. Your removed from your old guild, stripped of any land or holdings and kicked from your factions chat. Your new faction is now Pirate and can use Pirate chat. If you die in pvp on either starter continent you go to jail. You will not go to jail if you die on the Northern continent or at Sea, which is pretty much the only places you want to go anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUDnDsIV11w

So why be a Pirate?

Well you would't want to be a pirate until you've achieved Max LvL and gotten yourself a Galleon or Clipper. It's best not to become a Pirate until you have established a crew to roll with, as boat combat is not something done alone.

But there are many benefits to being a Pirate! You no longer establish crime pts for killing players of either Faction and both teams now gives you honor. More targets=more bounty. Pirate Island is also prime real-estate for sea invasions, as you can see below it's set in the perfect spot to disrupt trade routes.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't you lose allot of content?

As a pirate each day your life consists of putting yourself into a battle at a whim and dynamically fighting for stolen goods on both land and sea. Now if that sounds boring and running the same instance 20x a day is where it's at for you, than you prolly don't want to be a Pirate.

Feel Free to PM me with more questions, we will be running a Pirate Crew on live as well as a starter guild to recruit new players to Pirate Life and gear up alts before they switch to Pirate. We haven't established a guild name yet for either guild and are talking to the active Pirate player's on Alpha and Beta. Hope to see ya guys there!

And when out at sea...watch for the Kraken...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH643ajGXFc
Last edited by Syft 2.0; 08-10-2014 at 07:34 PM..
Old 08-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Kobold

Fun game, not sure I want to go pirate just yet. Not much there for it yet.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Sarnak

Looks like a blast. I will probably look into this. The kracken video was pretty hilarious. Dude had a rainbow with the word aids on his boat lol.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absynthe2k5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun game, not sure I want to go pirate just yet. Not much there for it yet.
It's not something you do until maxed out, plus lvling not really hard here so I would expect most pirates to have a non Pirate toon. Not much of a choice fer me as I spend all my time on MMO's pvping anyways. Unlike most MMO's in Archegae I can totally gear up and get rich by Pirating, seems like a win win to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like a blast. I will probably look into this. The kracken video was pretty hilarious. Dude had a rainbow with the word aids on his boat lol.
That dude was fucking hilarious
Old 08-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

looks kind of fun, I would give that game a shot probably.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ROFL yeah I thought that one was hilarious as well.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Banned

lol that Kraken video had me laughing hard! When does this release?
Old 08-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

I wanna pway D:
Old 08-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Banned

No release date yet but the game runs smoother in closed beta than most games do at launch. Not far off for release.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Banned

You think this will be more pay to win? I really do not wanna get involved in another pay to win game. The game looks pretty good but most of them do and end up being shit.
Closed Thread