Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2022, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk that chick in rogue one was pretty cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That starfield reveal to be a star destroyer alone was better than any of the other previous starwsars movies.

Let alone the part where they drove one into the other, that was incredible.
Can't remember her name she was so hot, wow. Also its fitting a video game scene would be better than a new movie, probably both used Unreal Engine 4.. not saying its good, in fact I am saying it's terrible and stupid.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue one is the best starwars movie prove me wrong.
Empire is the only great Star Wars movie, there I said it
Old 06-25-2022, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Empire is the only great Star Wars movie, there I said it
I agree with you in almost every way.

But... rogue one is as good as empire, but made with modern technical mastrey... and modern movies are just insanely technically good (when they can be) that that just makes rogue one better, only because of our ability to progres over time, not that it's a better movie.

Does that make sense? I am trying to say it's not better than empire, but because of things that empire cant control, it kind of is?

Death troopers my man.

Death troopers.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The stuff in R1 is like, the modern day equivalent of seeing the lightsaber fight on cloud city.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think there are any great Star Wars films, including the original trilogy. I wouldn't consider any of the films that I truly enjoy to be of Citizen Kane quality.

"..a seemingly juvenile production with surprisingly mature scenes. Unlike the things made today which advertise as mature but are surprisingly juvenile."

Edit: the practical example of above is George stating that his films were meant for 12 year olds. The original trilogy would be figurative 16 year olds while the prequels were made for literal 12-16 year olds. Natalie wasn't raised during an era of public bra-burning.

also whichever angry-nerd out there keeps DDOS'ing my network can sit on a lit stick of dynamite.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 06-25-2022 at 01:54 PM..
Old 06-25-2022, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Idk, Citizen Kane is just juvenile shit for fat rich people who grew up eating salads with salad forks.

The thing is that we the people put rich establishment people on a pedestal, so we think that oh this must be of higher value than this amazing science fiction that compares the philosophies of today with the ideas of tomorow and the tales of our past adapted to infinate horizons.

Or idk a spoiled newspaper liar might be more interesting?

See what I mean? I think you could put a starwars film into the top 10 movies ever made, simply because of its vision and originality, so that'd mean a new hope (or empire, because it was a vast improvement on a new hope and was almost as shocking as a new hope was in its own right)
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-25-2022 at 01:59 PM..
Old 06-25-2022, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Old 06-25-2022, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

I stand corrected, that is the top 10 of the top 10 of movies ever made.

Like all 10 of them.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
But... rogue one is as good as empire,

idiot
Old 06-25-2022, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

is there a correlation between the quality of someones political options with their cinematographic ones? the evidence of this thread says YES
Old 06-25-2022, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I stand corrected, that is the top 10 of the top 10 of movies ever made.

Like all 10 of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there a correlation between the quality of someones political options with their cinematographic ones? the evidence of this thread says YES