Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Kobold

You may want to use a Dark Elf since they have more intelligence and you're used to playing a caster. All and all, it doesn't really matter the race. Go with what looks appealing to you. Every race is balanced for the most part.

Also, all the stats into stamina, if you have any left dump it in int.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Orc

thanks guys. I'm gonna go with DE I think .. it wouldnt be right otherwise. Will dump into STA.

How bout obvious SK gear? 5/55 rings and im working on all the darkforge I can - is there anything easy to obtain i shouldnt miss?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Banned

7/7 int/str necklace for around 350p is a great buy for this class.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

SSB (better than DF helm)
7str/7int neck
Dark Mail Gaunts
Crested Spaulders
Hero Bracer

Cheap and good twink items.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Still recommending dark reaver. I've got a mithril two handed sword I would sell. It's a solid two hander for SK's since you can generate insane aggro from disease cloud/other spells. If you want bargin basement though dark reaver is your best value.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still recommending dark reaver. I've got a mithril two handed sword I would sell. It's a solid two hander for SK's since you can generate insane aggro from disease cloud/other spells. If you want bargin basement though dark reaver is your best value.
His Poison Wind Censer (20/28) is better than even a Mith 2H, and by 50 you can look at a Green Jade Halberd or something more spiffy (like a Jade Inlaid Crescent Axe).

Do pick up a reasonably fast 2HS weapon (Nathsar Greatswords should be dirt cheap) to keep the skill up. There aren't many good 2HB SK weapons and having alternative skills in case you get a deal on something is never a bad idea. Keep 1HS and 1HB up too, Ebon Mace/Noc Blade + Atra Shield is one of the best endgame weapon combos.

Dark Reaver is by now a novelty weapon. Nathsar Greatsword or Blade of Xalgoz are better and both are common as hell thanks to HS key and Seb Crypt farming.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkav [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you go ogre or troll dump all points into int, make sure you have above 75 agility though imo. dark elfs, erudites and humans you should spread your points around to where you atleast have 75 or more in str, stamina, dex and agility. if you're a weaker race and cant afford expensive equipment start off with banded till you build up your str to where you can carry heavier equipment.
If you are going to play this guy high, then you should have no trouble maxxing out str/sta come velious(probably possible with current gear). I would dump at least 10points in int.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Sarnak

The Censer is like the 2nd best weapon in the game for levels 10-19. RFS is better but monk only, Wu's Quivering Staff is equivalent but without the 5 STR and also monk only. I can't think of a better twink weapon to get to level 20 at least. Then think about something like a Green Jade Halberd or the SK 30 40 2hb (Deathbringer's Rod?) starting at 20.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say that Ogre is easily the most powerful of all SKs for pure melee work but they have a large exp penalty to level and can start to flag compared to a superb DE generating massive aggro in an exp group or just finishing off mobs solo via much more mana.

And they look VERY cool.
Definitely not, with an int of 77 I can hold down chain pulls almost indefinitely (or have done up to Lvl 40 at least). Sure, I could have rolled a DE and had a massive mana pool, but a troll's innate strength (as with an ogre) gives more melee dps.

I think the "go INT" argument on a SK only really applies if you want to solo, disease cloud (your aggro spell) is 10 mana - barely a dent in even a big race's mana pool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

An aside, healers prefer the big races for tanks... in a crisis they have more stamina/HP.

Well, that's my case for the big guy anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Orc

If you choose any race but ogre or troll, definitely consider using a one-handed weapon. Mace of the Shadowed Soul is probably the most affordable of the really good ones, then comes Noctavigant Blade, and then Ebon Mace for the rich. There's also that Shard of Night one if it drops yet, but I wouldn't expect to see one for sale really, plus it looks like a plain little dagger and isn't very intimidating.

Those one-handed weapons are fully on par with two-handers for damage, especially when you consider the increased bash damage from using a shield. Without bash, you'll have no way of interrupting spells and you will get raped by caster mobs. The added AC and stats from a shield are also nice on a tank. I always felt kind of naked playing a melee class with no mashable attack button, and while a darkelf with a two-hander isn't doomed, I'd say you're even better off with something like a MoSS and a Sarnak Battle Shield.
Closed Thread