Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

You are not wrong, bridge all you want and you'll still get the router WAN IP source as your packets leave for the interwebz.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Large Rat

I will ask this question another way. Are IP exemptions no longer being given? I would like someone to tell me what to expect. If it cannot or will not be done then just please let us know. No pressure, just information so we can decide how to proceed going forward. Thanks so much for running this game. It is alot of fun.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryllyian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will ask this question another way. Are IP exemptions no longer being given? I would like someone to tell me what to expect. If it cannot or will not be done then just please let us know. No pressure, just information so we can decide how to proceed going forward. Thanks so much for running this game. It is alot of fun.
I think this is partially what I was originally trying to say.

If you are not going to give out IP Exemptions at all that is fine. It's your prerogative. Just don't offer it then. Let us know up front so we don't waste our time hoping and waiting...

If you are going to offer IP exempts you MUST communicate with people. If you set a time frame, meet that time frame. If it's going to be longer, let us know. If you decide for whatever reason not to grant an IP exemption tell us (and a reason why would be nice but I'd settle for just a "No" at this point)

To be honest with you, the whole IP block seems to have caused more trouble then its worth. You still have people two-boxing even with your harsh penalties and IP blocking. Why not just open it up? Then you could focus your effort on finding and banning two-boxers since you're so worried about them, rather then having to waste resources on going through tons of IP Exemptions and STILL have to spend time searching out and banning two-boxers.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Aviak

Not only banning two-boxers, but banning people who have exemptions but really aren't two boxing, and monitoring people who have the IP exemptions is a a very large chunk of Amelinda's pie. But 4 months for exemption? Damn, just give it to him, watch him if need be, but damn. 2 boxing being contrary to the server is understood, although it's not a pvp server, and if the population dwindles more, then 2 boxing would be the only way to raid competitively. Looks like the double xp weekend along with those suspensions, and Red99 tanking brought our pop back to near 500 again from 300ish a month ago. Velious beta would also really be nice for those who're on the fence.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Large Rat

Well I sent in my IP exemption about a week ago so my gf and I could play. We've been kinda looking forward to the two week point, but with all this talk it seems pointless and that kinda sucks, but I hope it's just some rare cases of just getting missed sometimes... *crosses fingers*

We both played early on I started june 99 and she was playing around late 2000 I think, and we never played together yet met on EQ2, stopped playing that a long time ago... We both missed the classic EQ so this is totally up our alley
Old 07-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad someone made this thread for the 4,000th time.
Well when something gets done about it maybe these threads will stop... hmm, what a concept
Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

It is impossible for you to have been waiting for 4 months unless one of the following things are true:

1. You bump or have bumped your IP exemption post. NEVER EVER EVER bump an ip exemption post. I ALWAYS work these from the end of the ip exemption queue to the beginning.

2. You chose the wrong drop down and did not choose "IP EXEMPTION" to tag your post with....because that's the only way i even look at them.

and yeah...i'm behind....I have a family and other things to do also....AND some of the systems I needed to complete them were down for a while.

Not my fault.

You wanna get combative there mr "Romantic" and call me an idiot then go for it. I'll be sure to remember that.

ALSO....

It never ceases to amaze me how the number of 2 boxers I catch increases SIGNIFICANTLY after I approve IP Exemptions (And don't put your bs here about how my system is wrong or i'm too stupid to tell someone is 2-boxing......you can save it.)

Prove me wrong this time. I should be working on some ip exemptions tonight. Depends on my real life. My real life comes before the server. SRY.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

and yes. ip exemptions are still being given.

but hi. i'm one person and there are THOUSANDS OF POSTS IN THE PETITION/EXPLOIT section.

If you think i sit around being lazy and ignore the server...you are wrong.