Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New Players (Class Thread)

Greetings,

I stumbleupon'd this server two nights ago and finally found my old titanium pack. I like the idea of project 1999. I was around for the launch of EQ and it was a lot of fun.
What do you all think of the current class break down? I was thinking about rolling a cleric, but I was hoping to get some groups. Necro or monk are also options. I would probably play almost any class as long as im having fun. Although, fun for me usually means grouping.
Any thoughts?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Severely Lacking:
Monks
Rangers
Paladins
Bards (probably between severe and lacking)
Enchanters (probably between severe and lacking)

Lacking:
Rogues
Wizards (recently only a couple on over level 30?)
Shamans (it seems as of lately?)
SK's (Maybe?)

Average:
Warriors
Clerics

Above average:
Mage
Nec
Druid

EDIT* Monk's/Ranges have had complaints with worthlessness... Changes made recently should make them a bit more affective.. I also thought Rogues were having trouble but I had one in a group the other day (24ish level?) with crappy weapons and he was doing some damn good dps..

EDIT2* Added the classes I tarded out on.
Last edited by President; 11-30-2009 at 04:38 PM..
Old 11-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

That seems like a pretty accurate breakdown. I'd like to see more melee classes running around personally.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Bards and enchanters are apparently entirely absent.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Kobold

no bards...? id say they are in your severely lacking

and most wiz are probably /anon/role once they get group ports so wont fine many with /who all wiz
Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Aviak

Tanks are in the shortest supply I think.

LOT of monks around, or so it seems to me (level 18).

Lot of druids, but they don't seem to be grouping much right now (again keep my level in mind).

I'd say shamans and clerics are about equal in sheer numbers, with maybe a few more people playing shamans.

Funny thing is it seems like I see more people ooc'ing for dps than healers sometimes.

I really don't see necros that much, though a bunch pop up when you do /who, though not as many as mages. The pet classes are overpowered right now, so I guess that is why you see so many.

I always thought necros were great in groups, but the fast pull group situation (which you see so often since the really good xp sites are open pretty much all the time, which is unlike live with it's huge server pops in 1999) doesn't suit their damage style as well. Usually when they call for dps they want a wizard or mage, but they prefer a mage.

I guess cleric might be the class that best fits what you are looking for. But that is just a guess.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Orc

Pretty amusing that bards are so non-existent that they didn't even make the scarcity list, hehe.

Edit add: Xaviyn, you will be a welcome addition to the server regardless of your chosen class.
Last edited by Datante; 11-30-2009 at 03:18 PM..
Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datante [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty amusing that bards are so non-existent they didn't even make the scarcity list, hehe.
I think there are fewer rangers. Worst thing that ever happened to that class was letting druids have track.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't see necros that much, though a bunch pop up when you do /who, though not as many as mages. The pet classes are overpowered right now, so I guess that is why you see so many.
We're all off soloing in the corner of a zone somewhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't worry though..It's so we can twink our bards!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Why is it that bards are so scarce? lol
I really liked playing a bard back in the day. Maybe I should consider one again.
Closed Thread