Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by entilza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfing Rangers? They weren't in classic and you can't make a halfing ranger here, they must have been ghosts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Be afraid!
I could have sworn they were halflings... maybe halfelves then? meh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The main point is, within half hour of people offering good gear to rangers there were 2 newly created ones running around nearly doubling the online ranger population that day.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is probably neither the time nor the place, and I'm sure I'll be booed away, but I want to make my opinion known once again that there should be no exp penalty for hybrid classes. It was an obviously horrible concept implemented stupidly by Verant and redacted later.
Amen to that.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is probably neither the time nor the place, and I'm sure I'll be booed away, but I want to make my opinion known once again that there should be no exp penalty for hybrid classes. It was an obviously horrible concept implemented stupidly by Verant and redacted later.
So true. If there were a list of 10 things NOT to carry over from 1999 this would be very near the top. It makes no sense at all.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Large Bat

Tanks - specifically Warriors and SK's.

I haven't grouped with more than a couple rangers and monks..
Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

You're lacking in Rangers/Paladins/Bards/SKs simply because the hybrid XP bonus is so fierce and the classes pale in comparison to pet casters/priests/etc.

It takes a real man to play half a character. It takes a real stupid man to play half a character, with a 40% penalty to boot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You also see a lot of the mid-level game is now alts, and the players in the know (level 50) that are on their 2nd tour around 1999 are even less inclined to go a. ) melee or b. ) hybrid. So the disparity grows even wider.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

The first week I played I saw maybe one monk. I think a lot of them have started playing again since the melee patch I have one in 75% of my groups from 18-24 so far.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could have sworn they were halflings... maybe halfelves then? meh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The main point is, within half hour of people offering good gear to rangers there were 2 newly created ones running around nearly doubling the online ranger population that day.
Halfling Rangers weren't introduced til least Veilous (maybe Luclin?). Which is a crying shame, since Halflings have far and away the best stat-across for any race that can be rangers (no CHA/INT... way above average STR/STA/AGI/DEX and a killer WIS to boot).
Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Just did a class count using /who all 5 50 class:

Cleric 20
Necro 19
Magician 18
Shaman 18
Druid 16
Rogue 14
Enchanter 12
Paladin 12
Warrior 11
Bard 11
SK 9
Monk 9
Wizard 8
Ranger 1
Old 12-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

Why are wizards so low? I would think they would be very desirable for groups that have a pet as the main tank. Yes a few more wizards might be /anon so they don't get bothered for ports but probably no more than 2-3 more than other classes.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Aviak

I have to agree, hybrid experience penalty could do with being removed.

/2 cents.
Closed Thread