Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Banned

Default Melee DPS haet

I sneak my ass down to frenzy room cause there is an opening and fuck it I wanna try for a sash, I'm within 4 levels of everyone in that group currently so no problem right?

They straight up tell me "You're too low to melee DPS this camp" it's not "Nah we want someone higher" it's YOUR class can't DPS it so we'll hold out for a mage.

Sorry my class sucks so bad at DPS maybe I'll go grind to 50 and score me some woven shadow and maybe then I'll be cool enough to camp with the level 30's in Frenzy...

Or better yet why don't you just be honest and say "I don't want a rogue in the group cause you're gonna make a mad dash for the belt, and I'd rather have the mages in my group greed roll it for 12k"
Old 02-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Aviak

Well, what level are you?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

It's true though dude, its a fact of the game. Melee dps is gonna need to be higher level than caster dps for the same camp. You can QQ about it if you want, but the group is just looking out for their own wellbeing.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Sarnak

Why don't you solo it. Ohh wait that's right you dont do enough DPS to even group it. Maybe you should try to get a hold of a FBSS it might help raise your DPS a bit.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Aviak

who was in that group? might as well name names so we know who the douchebags are
Old 02-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryfaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who was in that group? might as well name names so we know who the douchebags are
I don't like to call out people, that just makes drama just generally it's a rant
Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryfaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kk
Old 02-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sneak my ass down to frenzy room cause there is an opening and fuck it I wanna try for a sash, I'm within 4 levels of everyone in that group currently so no problem right?

They straight up tell me "You're too low to melee DPS this camp" it's not "Nah we want someone higher" it's YOUR class can't DPS it so we'll hold out for a mage.

Sorry my class sucks so bad at DPS maybe I'll go grind to 50 and score me some woven shadow and maybe then I'll be cool enough to camp with the level 30's in Frenzy...

Or better yet why don't you just be honest and say "I don't want a rogue in the group cause you're gonna make a mad dash for the belt, and I'd rather have the mages in my group greed roll it for 12k"
Just wait till kunark[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And all rolls should be greed rolls imo. I do not like the "need first" rule when it comes to pickup groups.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wait till kunark[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And all rolls should be greed rolls imo. I do not like the "need first" rule when it comes to pickup groups.
Yep pickup groups are a fail when it comes to this kind of thing - try getting a group of your friends together who are prepared to forgo the loot for the tanks in the group (need before greed and all that), and camping it yourself, rather than relying on pickup groups who don't give a toss.

PS Muerte - where's my fbss? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep pickup groups are a fail when it comes to this kind of thing - try getting a group of your friends together who are prepared to forgo the loot for the tanks in the group (need before greed and all that), and camping it yourself, rather than relying on pickup groups who don't give a toss.

PS Muerte - where's my fbss? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I accidentally gave it to my pet[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread