Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Kobold

I had jboots camp in the morning, after I announced to ooc that I got them, I immediately got a bunch of tells asking about the camp, etc. One was from Meew.

Of course I'm smart and gated right away, then basically told everyone it's up for grabs and I already left so I can't help.

But, Meew seemed alright when he was chatting with me. It's a shame he pulled some shit with you, now everyone who frequents the forums will think he's a toolbag. Ah well.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

-shrug- im pretty sure the extreme vast majority (if not all) obey the "whoever is here next gets camp" rules

correct me if im wrong
Old 02-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

Most people on the server already know Meew is an idiot and would be better off on global ignore.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

You should have sold the camp to the highest bidder especially with them not dropping soon.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Kobold

I had a similar dispute at a camp involving Meew. Friend was going to pass it to my group, but just then Meew comes back online after an 8-hour AFK insisting that he was the rightful owner of the camp.

He used terms like "u gotta play by the rules" and "i thought i could talk to u".

Anyone who is AFK from a camp at the time a switching of hands comes, let alone AN EIGHT HOUR AFK, has no rights to claim it. Let's not even point out the fact that he broke his own policy he bitched on in the JBOOTS issue brought up by the OP.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's...a...game...
Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
7. We do not have a rule for how a camp will be handed off to another player. It is recommended the player interested in obtaining a camp work that out with who is on the camp already.

*Example* Player a is on jboots, player b comes and sits and just waits. If player a wants to hand off to his friend rather than player b, he has that right. If player a wants to hold a list and give to the next player on that list, that is also his right. GMs will not moderate that unless player b can prove he was deceived by player a with how the camp would be handed off.

Any deal between players trumps any of these rules so long as all players agree.
OP, educate yourself on server rules to avoid this situation in the future. Clearly, if you made an agreement with Meew to hand the camp off, then you should have honored that and had the nerve to let the person sitting next to you know that you were going to do so. If you had not previously made such an agreement, then it was your choice to hand the camp off to whomever you like. Being decisive and understanding the rules would have avoided much of the drama for which you blame Meew.

Sending this to a guild officer first for review would have been more appropriate as well. The manner in which Meew responded to the situation is an internal matter and will be handled as such.

-Tylwyn <Divinity>
Old 02-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Orc

Meew has not showed the same consideration he's demanding in this scenario to other players, an example being the Guise of the Deceiver camp. He was asked specifically to let me know when he's done, said okay - hours later I asked for an update, then he tells me others are in line after him waiting there.

It's inconsistencies like these, shifted to benefit the individual, that make server rules important. But honestly, they don't get enforced here anyways it seems unless it's a big deal. So just consider the source and move on.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooooh I'm mentioned in there if you look hard enough!
MUST be somethin wrong then !!!!
id blame brut if i were you..

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

hey, fuck you OP.