Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Orc

Default help me roll a new SK - suggestions?

help me roll a new toon.. tired of my pure caster!

thinking an ogre SK. on one side I wanna be big and dumb as possible, the no stun from front think and STR/STA stats make it seem a no brainer. prolly be shitty in dunjuns though, and nowhere as leet looking as a DE, which IMHO fits the SK perfectly.

decisions decisions ... such is life .. I got him a poison wind censer so far, a 7str/int necklace, and a werewolf hide cloak.

I believe that procs at 50?? I also read somewhere the censer damages yourself, is this true? what ya guys think of this wep as a twink weapon (I'd be starting at level 1)

Anyway I'm not terribly rich but I do currently have an offer for 46k for my toon so I might come into some money.. any quest suggestions & twink/items I should pick upwould be appreciated.. maybe a medium range pick and a high range pick for items would be cool. I'm not shopping for CoFs or anything.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Grab a dark reaver for like 100-200 and go dark elf with full darkforge. Looks sick imo.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Banned

Dark Elf SK has a large mana pool for keeping aggro, and can inherently use Ring of the Dead on P99 no matter what else the developers do to it.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Orc

oh yeah I forgot to ask: I really don't know which stats to dump my points into.. I figured STR/STA was key and INT would take a backseat.

So let's say I go DE VS Ogre, dump em into what?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Orc

btw

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Kobold

All wave spells can hit PCs, so yes, that proc has a good chance of hitting you if you're not fighting 4+ mobs, and standing in just the right spot.

Mace of the Shadowed Soul is more appropriate, imo.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All wave spells can hit PCs, so yes, that proc has a good chance of hitting you if you're not fighting 4+ mobs, and standing in just the right spot.

Mace of the Shadowed Soul is more appropriate, imo.
yes but I think for a cheap twink weapon it will do fine till 50. ratio seems awesome..
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Probably go all points into stam, maybe 5 into str.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

if you go ogre or troll dump all points into int, make sure you have above 75 agility though imo. dark elfs, erudites and humans you should spread your points around to where you atleast have 75 or more in str, stamina, dex and agility. if you're a weaker race and cant afford expensive equipment start off with banded till you build up your str to where you can carry heavier equipment.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

I heard someone say that Iksar SKs have the most damage mitigation of any class except a Defensive warrior in Velious. Buuut that sounds a little outre considering their lack of ability to wear most plate. I would say that Ogre is easily the most powerful of all SKs for pure melee work but they have a large exp penalty to level and can start to flag compared to a superb DE generating massive aggro in an exp group or just finishing off mobs solo via much more mana.

And they look VERY cool.
Closed Thread