Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Banned

Default Rogean hand the keys over

this pertains to the red server. this is not a rant or flame so I believe this is the correct sub forum to post. could you kindly hand the keys over to nilbog and/or Null to the red server. it would be nice if they could patch all the changes they've done in a timely manner. For one melee skill ups has been bugged for weeks, the issue was resolved, and now players are waiting on a patch to see changes. I'll admit that I have no idea how much time it takes to take down the server and patch it but I imagine it takes less time to do so then the the devs have taken to resolve all the current bugs I don't play here atm so I really have nothing to lose. I am addressing the issue in case this tread results in a ban. Sadly people are afraid to post thses kind of topics with the recent ban hammer going on a killing spree. Again this is not a rant and I am not flaming Rogean. I just feel that you have neglected this project long enough. Happy hunting all.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Interesting, but would Nilbog be willing?
Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Banned

Not sure. I don't think he would want to cause any kind of problems between Rogean and him but it needs to happen. I had mixed thoughta about nilbog til i talked to him on IRC. He is actually a pretty cool guy and helpd me resolve my windows 7 issue. Secrets also had nothing but good things to say about him. Wish I had not trolled him in the past but he came off as a dick on the forums. Unforuntely I am banned from IRC so nilbog if you are reading this Thanks for showing me those win7 dynamic links thing. My oem key worked with those isos and now I have a valid copy of win7 once again.

edit: weekly to bi-weekly patches are necessary. even if its just to fix the pathing of a random mob in crushbone, it shows the playerbase that someone is working on the server.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe Rogean would welcome this burden lifted off his shoulders? I guess its something him and Nilbog would have to work out. I sense Nilbog is still very much "into" the project, but as for Rogean I cannot say one way or the other.

Its an interesting idea though.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Kobold

He is not doing that, I think they gave one other guy Rogeanish type powers (Uthguaard) or whatever his name is and they got burned...

Is what it is pals... you can either ignore the fact that the creator of the project could give a shat about it and can turn the box off any day of his liking and move on with life, or you can continue to waste time on here.

EQ PvP emus have a very short lifespan. I had tons of fun during the 6 months I played when the pop was acceptable, brought back a lot of memories and a lot of fun which was the point of the whole thing anyway right? It would be great to keep PvPing n killn dragons but Classic timeline was not meant to survive in this day n age with the large variety of games released and being released..

Accept the state of the server for what it is and check back every now n then to see any movement on Kunark, etc.. but at this rate, I don't see them EVER releasing Kunark on here..

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Banned

the thing is, people have donated time and money to this project. I am not asking for 24/7 tech support but a bi-weekly patch and the occasional convo with playerbase is NOT asking for too much. if you cannot find the time to take care of this project then let someone else do the job.

EDIT: without turning this into a flame war on why the server is failing I just wanna say that i would take an active dev/maintainer over content/increased xp anyday.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rogaine takes money out of his own pockets for this bro, it's free, why are ppl so ungrateful?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol that gif cracks me up. guess laughing is contagious.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Kobold

One thing we know for sure is that all the cast of characters that have quit still frequent this board every day basically, rest assured if and when Rogean decide to properly run Red99 and support it that the audience will be around for a possible comeback.

Wishful thinking I guess.

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Banned

inc patch today. hmm. its a start but i still stand by nilbog taking they keys.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Even if it became Nilbog's server i am pretty sure rogean would still be the one to patch it. so you'd still have to wait for rogean to have time to patch things...