Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Skeleton

Default IP Exemptions???

I am trying to be patient, I really am but going on 4 months and I am still waiting for an ip exemption? Has my request been denied or something? Can I get an update please? There are so many rules. Don't bump your thread, don't petition in game, don't send PM's, what can we do??? It feels like so much of a hassle to get a simple ip exempt so I can play a game with my roommate. You guys are letting your fear of stupid people two-boxing ruin the experience of people that want to play your game and that could bring multiple friends with them... If it's so much of a hassle and you just don't want to do it then don't offer damned ip exemptions at all. Just tell us upfront that you're too scared of two-boxers to let people play with the same ip. If you are going to offer the service THEN FULLFIL THE REQUESTS WHEN YOU SAY YOU WILL! Your own documentation says 2 weeks. I realize this is a free server, and I am very grateful for all you guys do however how do you expect your server to grow and continue on if people can't even play with there friends or family? I don't have a phone I can tether so I can play and I don't want to play by myself. My roommate and I simply want to play together and group. Now his progress has been held up for 4 months. What is the deal can I please get some answer???
Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJrmb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am trying to be patient, I really am but going on 4 months and I am still waiting for an ip exemption? Has my request been denied or something? Can I get an update please? There are so many rules. Don't bump your thread, don't petition in game, don't send PM's, what can we do??? It feels like so much of a hassle to get a simple ip exempt so I can play a game with my roommate. You guys are letting your fear of stupid people two-boxing ruin the experience of people that want to play your game and that could bring multiple friends with them... If it's so much of a hassle and you just don't want to do it then don't offer damned ip exemptions at all. Just tell us upfront that you're too scared of two-boxers to let people play with the same ip. If you are going to offer the service THEN FULLFIL THE REQUESTS WHEN YOU SAY YOU WILL! Your own documentation says 2 weeks. I realize this is a free server, and I am very grateful for all you guys do however how do you expect your server to grow and continue on if people can't even play with there friends or family? I don't have a phone I can tether so I can play and I don't want to play by myself. My roommate and I simply want to play together and group. Now his progress has been held up for 4 months. What is the deal can I please get some answer???
This is exactly what I've been talking about.....

To answer your question though, it's, sadly, normal. All you can do is keep waiting.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Aviak

Too bad you guys don't have an open wireless network one of you could hop onto.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Aviak

I'm with you I've been waiting over 2 months myself.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Kobold

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/1089-shari...ng-bridge-mode
Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont think this will work since I believe the IP block would be on your "router", not the individual IP's it assigns to network PCs
Old 07-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

that whole "it's a free server so it's okay" excuse is actually a load of shit. they have a responsibility to a HUGE community. this isn't a 40 person emulated server. people give money to these folks to keep the server up and running and the gms that are "hired" to take care of things like these are fucking incompetent. seriously whoever handles petition/exploit is a fucking moron.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that whole "it's a free server so it's okay" excuse is actually a load of shit. they have a responsibility to a HUGE community. this isn't a 40 person emulated server. people give money to these folks to keep the server up and running and the gms that are "hired" to take care of things like these are fucking incompetent. seriously whoever handles petition/exploit is a fucking moron.
Hmm, I think you might wish to check the forum rules again. "You know nothing John Snow."-Egret
Old 07-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The devs don't owe you anything...be patient or STFU.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

because all gms are devs
Closed Thread