Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Orc

Default Eye of Zomm Ruling

"summoning eyes through a wall to pop them at zone in is an exploit and if i catch ANYONE doing it you will suffer a suspension or worse."

Have fun getting people to your different spots in VP now champs.

I also find it pretty damn amusing - a guild that says they are all about competition REPORTS SOMEONE FOR A TACTIC THEY USE ALL THE TIME TO AVOID COMPETITION.

TMO: Doing anything for those pixels since 2011.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Personally I would be interested to learn why this was allowed to continue in Seb for so long, and yes by far more than one guild so I'm not pointing fingers at individual ones, and yet nothing was said. GM's and Amelinda have been in the zone at the time this was going on.

I appreciate Amelinda may not feel well today I do however feel the ruling on Adriana was harsh and that a warning could have been issued instead. Clearly TMO also didn't realise this was not allowed due to the fact that Loly was COHing their members in VP using the same method around the same time.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

It was allowed for so long because TMO was using it.

Now that others are, it's suddenly not allowed. Ring any bells? Where has this happened before? Hmmm
Old 07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

"Well everyone does it."

"Hi officer. I realize i was driving 20 miles over the speed limit on the freeway.. BUT there are 50 other cars here doing the same thing. I was at the end of the line and happened to be the one you caught. ...you can't give me a ticket for doing what EVERYONE ELSE DOES."

Try that one the next time you are pulled over for speeding.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

That doesn't really answer what I put. You have known this is going on yet nothing has been said previously and clearly it wasn't well understood this wasnt allowed as so many guilds are still doing it.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

But cops don't generally pull over a car going 20MPH over the speed limit like 50 other cars. They pull over the 1 car that's weaving in and out of traffic too.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

BTW Im not interested in getting into some this guild that guild thing, thats not what this is about which is why Im clearly stating more than one guild. Its not just a TMO guild thing others have been doing it also and for a long time - people were not aware this was not allowed.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

If you are going the same speed as the rest of traffic (read: engaging in the same action), then your chances of being singled out for a speeding ticket (read: suspension) are probably lower than your chances of getting into an accident.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned

And I'm sure TMO didn't know pulling things through walls up to the ledge in TMO wasn't allowed too, right?

They're so innocent. They just exploit time after time by accident. That's it.

Second link in my sig. TMO exploiting, like they are this time, and nothing done.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

I always had a problem with popping eyes through walls. It has been something that just never sat right with me but I always let it go.....I debated it for months.

It's obviously not intended use of the spell. and i never actually saw anyone do it before. I KNEW that people did it because people told me but i never actively watched anyone do it.

It trivializes things like moving through zones for raid content (let me pop an eye to zone and coth you)

and really it's just not intended use of the spell.

I'm going to unsuspend adriana as there was no previous warning. but everyone please behave.