Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Orc

teknically brings up a good point. You may need to open the ports on your wi fi. But run the patcher first, then worry about that. I did not need to open any ports up and I run a pretty strict network in my home, it pisses my husband off.

So far even this has not stoped it. I run 2 firewalls and security. Still no issue.

Also when you run the DUXA all in one. make sure you give it admin priviliages. Right click and check the box etc.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknically [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although you are making it past the server select screen are you doing this over a Wireless or Wired connection?
I'm wireless, and it would be pretty impossible for me to connect as a LAN because of certain... logistics. I did perform connection test by pinging eqemulator.com and eqemulator.net both came back with 0 lost and avg time of 50ms. I also just did a speed test on speedtest.net and got 16.21 mbps download and 4.21 mbps upload, so it's hard to believe that it's my connection. I can try to connect over LAN, but I'll save that as a later test for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysttal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK... do this... DELETE EVERYTHING that you installed.

EQEMU needs to patch the files.

DUXA has built everything you need into his all in one installer. Once you reinstall EQ. run his all in one installer.... its at the top of the Tech support page.

His installer will patch all your files and patch EQ EMU.... Try that. its a dummy proof method.
I've already done this about 4 times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] BUT I'll give it another go if it buys me more of your assistance. It's not at all to difficult to re-install this tiny game and run the patching.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era'viss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One thing that I'm afraid might be happening is a conflict with the resolution my computer has. Since it's a m11x, the display is unique and has unique resolution settings that are not equivalent to the options available by EQ. To compensate for this I've used Duxa to run EQ in windowed mode at 1280x800 while my desktop resolution remains at 1366x768 (recommended setting).
I'm guessing that's your problem right there. try changing desktop reso to 800x600. At the login screen, hit your options button and choose the same reso. Once you get in game, the titanium client has a lot more options for diferent resos. You wont have to actually play at that reso but you may have to grit through it to get into game, but i highly doubt there is a 1366x768 reso in titanium, so you may need to compensate
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing that's your problem right there. try changing desktop reso to 800x600. At the login screen, hit your options button and choose the same reso. Once you get in game, the titanium client has a lot more options for diferent resos. You wont have to actually play at that reso but you may have to grit through it to get into game, but i highly doubt there is a 1366x768 reso in titanium, so you may need to compensate
I already tried exactly that. Set the desktop resolution to 800x600 32-bit and restarted. Everything goes smooth until I try to get to the character creation screen. Same failed results.

Thanks for pitching in with ideas though! Keep them coming because my friend's necro is already at level 5. Can't let him get to far ahead. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Orc

I have 2 approachs to this now....

I sent you a PM, but maybe somone else can help.

When you installed EQ.. did you use EQ Titanium??
Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Alrighty everyone. The issue has been RESOLVED. You will not believe what the problem was...

I kept focusing on the authentication lines in the log. It would show a connection, and then failure to authenticate. My friend and I finally surmised that the problem had to be with my account. We used a computer that had been able to connect and play on the p99 servers to login on my account, and BAM the same exact error and problem was reproduced. So we immediately knew the problem wasn't with my computer, software, etc.

I promise I followed all the steps in the account setup processes. Something must of goofed during the authentication process of my account... OR the fact that my login for the servers was: Era'viss. Using the character ' might have been an ineligible selection. Only way to disprove this is if anyone else out there has that character in their login...

Well we were able to make a new server account, and bingo it works perfectly. I'm now level 3 on my druid, and I'm super excited to join all of you in this wonderful gift that is Project 1999.

Thank you all for the help you provided!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Aviak

So your account login name can't be the same as your forum name?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac888 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your account login name can't be the same as your forum name?
Well I can't say yes or no with any confidence on that. All I can say is if you get the exact same error when attempting to login, and your log reads the same as mine did then there is a problem with your server account.

Because this Project 1999 and EQemu are both entirely gifts (that we can donate towards) given to us gamers, I'm not sure how anyone can have an account maintenanced or reviewed to clear-up this issue. My fix was to just create a new server account. This worked great for me because I had no characters that I would of lost.

By the way, my druid is already up to level 6! I freaking love Project 1999!!! So many memories of this great game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Aviak

Ok so I'm having the Error 1017 issue as well. I've discovered I can log into my account on my laptop but as of two days ago I still can't log on through my desktop. I have done several reinstalls and did the Getting Started steps exactly as they are on the forums and still no result. Any ideas?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Let's try to get a good idea of what is actually happening first. These errors don't tell us much on their own.

First do a quick restart of your computer. Then after you're fully booted-up try to log into EQ just once. After it fails to connect close out completely. Then go into your EQ directory. You should see a folder called Logs. In that folder is a file called dbg.txt. Open this file with notepad, and copy everything you see, and post it here.

I'm hoping that your log will shed some light on which part of the connection process is going wrong.