Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Sadly I do not have an epic and likely never will have one. Even if it were possible, I play enchanter and there is no particle. =(
Old 08-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Aviak

So how did you achieve the master sword with hearts? Edit an existing weapon and make modifications?

Also, does editing these files put you at risk for ban?
Last edited by thewrush; 08-22-2016 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: question added
Old 08-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So how did you achieve the master sword with hearts? Edit an existing weapon and make modifications?
The model is something I made from scratch to test a weapon model importing tool I made.

The particle data was copied from some existing and much later (OoW or above) weapon with the particle image replaced with a heart.

Back before editing the GlobalLoad file was blocked, I replaced the basic Club model with it (using the original particles) to make my newb druid look less newb for the one day that I played her:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wouldn't be able to replace existing models in the same way now on p99, simply because gequip.s3d is listed before any of the *.eqg weapon model files in GlobalLoad.txt, and whichever model is loaded under a particular id first wins.

Replacing a model in gequip.s3d directly would be possible, but the format is more annoying to work with, especially where particles are concerned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, does editing these files put you at risk for ban?
Maybe? I wouldn't think so. I guess you could theoretically get a pvp advantage by making people with particle weapons stand out more, but it would be a pretty small advantage since particle weapons aren't that common.

PvE it shouldn't matter, it's purely cosmetic. And if they wanted to prevent it they could do a checksum on gequip.s3d to prevent playing with edited files rather than banning people.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

You're amazing zaela