Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll use the same argument that Aftermath used against Kittens and others for so long -- Put in the work, make the effort, show up to compete. Aftermath has the numbers to compete, they're just used to getting their way so much that they don't know how to deal with competition anymore.
The argument was also valid: AG put in work, made the effort, showed up, and won. Same for PS.

It was also made in the era when a 5-10 man pull team could carry a guild, and casual guilds (like AG, PS) could win FTE/snipe dropped pulls, and smaller guilds (Core) could do low man content. Zerging helped 24/7 coverage, but diminishing returns bit for anything over a minimal kill force.

The rooting of dragons has clearly changed the meta for some targets - mostly the NToV inner ring - and it encourages zerging far beyond 24/7 coverage and far beyond a minimal kill force.

As long as you can field more people than your competition, you can engage with more mobs/guards up and effectively have uncontested kills. That was never the case during zone line pulls.

There's always a summer lull and Riot's 421 raiders has clearly given them the advantage over us.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not going to argue it but you might want to be more specific. You will never see me running down the street screaming or shooting up some mall. I am stubborn about what I like and the reasons I like it, I am ill about that for sure.
Stubborn is one way to describe it. Self-loathing is another. Why surrender your treasure and time for an experience that degrades you?

Or is that your kink? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2019, 06:30 PM
Banned

Grats PS on your 1 or 2 dragons.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stubborn is one way to describe it. Self-loathing is another. Why surrender your treasure and time for an experience that degrades you?
We are not having this talk, I obviously don't value treasure or time.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are not having this talk, I obviously don't value treasure or time.
qed
Old 08-15-2019, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the classic WoW frenzy. There have been vanilla WoW freeshards for years. I fully scratched that itch in 2018. Why the hell would you pay for the privilege?
I was a rank14 in Vanilla and didnt even make it to level 60 on Nostalrius or Kronos. I think those servers had a huge turnover and the level 60 scene was nothing compared to their hyped launch days. I think people feel this one is official so they will be more connected to their characters, and paying a $15/month premium just compounds that level of immersion. People from many different gaming backgrounds are playing Vanilla in 10 days, and its going to be amazing.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Aviak

If they want to distribute loot to more guilds they could always make Vulak respawn all of NToV. When all the dragons are up at once (like after earthquakes) there is plenty to go around. Make him similar to CT but maybe no chance for any dragons to spawn prior to Vulak, to keep overall drops the same-ish
Old 08-15-2019, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

@Loramin

We're bantering semantics at this point, I think. But I never said they were rooted during the Velious timeline. I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Weren't the dragons rooted at some point? If not on the Velious timeline I believe not long after. Which makes the fix not exactly outlandish. But •thing given that were well past the Luclin launch date.
Then i provided quotes from a post from years back that had quotes from ZAM that proved my point that they were rooted "not long after."
What I was trying to convey was that since we're well past the velious timeline ending having rooted dragons isn't such an atrocity like Hyjal is trying to make it out to be. Maybe it's the "custom content portion" of the server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unlike you Nuggie, I was actually playing in the zone during Velious and Luclin. I was a raid leader in Club Fu
You're right. I was looking over my older brother's shoulder when he did it. No idea who Club Fu is. Not noteworthy enough to be remembered certainly. Nobody remembers B rate guilds. Don't feel sad. I was never in a memorable guild either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and I can 100% assure you, dragons were NOT rooted during Velious era. What happened after Velious has nothing to do with P99. You are talking YEARS and almost 2 expansions after the fact and are further proving my point.
I think the following bolded items starting May of 2002 (following a Dec '01 launch of Luclin. Making it.... 5-6 months? hardly years or during PoP.) prove your statement wrong. You believe what you want to believe and that's fine. However, the historical data shows another story. I find this story to be less biased than your own. Again, custom content. If you don't like it, leave.

Quote:
All of the posts on ZAM referring to the dragons being perma-rooted don't start showing up until after May of 2002. The Shadows of Luclin expansion launched on Dec 4th 2001.

May 16 2002 at 1:21 AM Rating: Default
20 of us kill him. long fight. his AC has been buffed to **** and back. dispels 1 buff. shrink all your casters and stick them behind the pillar.

now he is properaly rooted make sure you test your CH range BEFORE you attack him or your tank is gonna be cranky :P

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6468

Apr 07 2002 at 3:07 PM Rating: Default
The patch made these dragons easier due to the fact that they are now rooted. Don't have to worry about positioning now which is a plus. There HP were not changed.

Jul 15 2002 at 11:37 AM Rating: Default
We tried him last night, Gozz is perma rooted and can not be pushed. What I need to know is if disease or poison sticks on this guy. His regen is insane. We got him to 60% before clerics went oom and killed from low health agro due to rodding.

Apr 19 2002 at 7:23 PM Rating: Default
only the keeper has been rooted...gozz/telk can still move

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6321

ph
#
Jun 10 2002 at 5:46 PM Rating: Decent
Anonymous
Anonymous
she's perma-rooted. meaning she will not move when aggro'd. so don't try an pull her to a nice safe area cause it won't work

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6310

#
May 07 2002 at 3:56 AM Rating: Good
Wolfgaur
6 posts
she's gotta have like 500k hps! definately more than yelinak who is at 250k. quads for 900. aoe spin the bottle and a magic based dot that slows and takes away life. she's rooted. slowable as well. i think i got that right. anyway, she's definately is an endurance test.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6474

Quote:
They also weren't rooted during Luclin era (at least for a long damn time)
I don't find 5-6 months a long time. Hyjal, maybe you fall in with the "millennial" crowd that way. No biggs. Difference of definition.

Quote:
why the hell are the dragons rooted during Velious?
Because thats what the server management team wants. If you don't find their version of classic EQ fun, there are other servers out there. You can make your own. Or you can sit here and complain about it like a chump. I sure wish you'd choose one of the first two and take your cancerous attitude with you.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-15-2019, 08:11 PM
Aviak

Nuggie, you must be braindead. Whether it was during PoP or Luclin, it doesn't matter. It's all relative. It never happened when this game was in Velious. People are still using Velious gear. There is no higher end content and we don't have AA's or Luclin gear. If we did, ToV wouldn't require 100 players for dragons meant for much less.

There is a reason this server has stopped at Velious BTW...

And you're right. B-rated guild. Club Fu woke the sleeper on Bristlebane, an event I was a part of.

If you actually played from Classic to Velious during live instead of watching your brother when you were 5 years old, you might have a clue.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Aviak

Please keep this up Nuggie, so you can keep proving my point home.
Closed Thread