Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

And the early chance at manastone before the bulk of the population can get at them. Amiright?

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-15-2019, 12:53 AM
Aviak

All I am saying is we need to simulate live patches somehow. At the very least try to get back to the roots that made this game what it was.

The rule-set currently in place is obviously broken.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Obviously broken that it's required to play the game as it was designed? Fighting the dragons in their lairs with 70'ish people.

Weren't the dragons rooted at some point? If not on the Velious timeline I believe not long after. Which makes the fix not exactly outlandish. But •thing given that were well past the Luclin launch date.

As to the 70 raiders comment: it could be done with the 30-40 like you mentioned, but perhaps not without raiders that are already mostly BiS. Certainly not in kunark gear(yes I know they were killed on V-Launch day in kunark gear. I don't know the numbers involved, but I'm willing to bet it was 2X your 30-40 mark)

Old 08-15-2019, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. •thing given that were well past the Luclin launch date.
I dont recall what I typed into the beginning of this sentence. The physical keyboards on the BlackBerry Key2's do some weird shit when you type real fast. Probably some Swype command that I haven't found to turn off or something...

Old 08-15-2019, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

you know what would be funny? Make dragons not give out FTEs until all trash around them is dead so you can't pull them with 2-3 guards that you can just plow through because you have 100+ people.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know what would be funny? Make dragons not give out FTEs until all trash around them is dead so you can't pull them with 2-3 guards that you can just plow through because you have 100+ people.
give the guards VS proc so you can't reasonably offtank them while killing the dragon
Old 08-15-2019, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
give the guards VS proc so you can't reasonably offtank them while killing the dragon
give DRAGONS VS tap until the adds are dead too
Old 08-15-2019, 02:16 AM
Aviak

Nuggie,

The dragons were never rooted on live during this era. It was never designed that way. During Luclin and PoP we were still pulling the dragons around NTOV with farm crews. Some of them even came to the zone in during the Velious era (Eashan/Ikatar).

And I said 100+. Right now the current meta is to engage the dragons with multiple flurry drakes/guards at the same time with 100 people. This has made things pretty much impossible for smaller guilds, and has basically wiped them all out.

ToV dragons spawn 1 by 1, so we aren't just competing against 100+ man zergs, but the rules that led to their creation as well.

ToV can be cleared with 40-50 players in Kunark gear. Remember, most of these dragons can be slowed. For Vyemm/Vulak I'd probably want to have 50, but they are the exceptions not the rule. Most of the dragons in the zone can and were done with much less.

But you are also talking about Kunark gear... We are now 3 years into Velious.

And as far as the "petitionquest" stuff goes...

If its true that we don't have staff members willing to handle petitions 1 day a week for an EQ or simulated patch, then we should probably be looking into finding a couple more. We have thousands of people who love this game and play here. I can't imagine that being too difficult. I volunteered a few times already, but... ya =P
Old 08-15-2019, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not something a lot of Riot are proud of... but I also understand there are years of frustration finally being released from members whom have battled with AM over pixels.
We noticed lol
Old 08-15-2019, 02:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
give DRAGONS VS tap until the adds are dead too
the blue server is about competition folks.

adapt or perish.
Closed Thread