Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Default Disease Cloud agro nerfed?

Noticing DC doesn't have crap for agro on green. Was this patched in the past year or 2 on blue? Was it classic? Jus started an SK on green, and wondering why I'm not seeing anyone else talking about this.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Eh? really? At low levels DC should taunt like mad. Counts as a 100 damage DD spell with significant added taunt from poison counter. At higher levels it falls off relative to spamming darkness spells though, which scale linearly with mob level.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noticing DC doesn't have crap for agro on green. Was this patched in the past year or 2 on blue? Was it classic? Jus started an SK on green, and wondering why I'm not seeing anyone else talking about this.
Its your perception. I cant even cast DC on my low lvl shaman or ill get face hugged......but as im typing this, are you talking about the weapon proc version?
Old 01-23-2020, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

I'm guessing it has to do with the hate cap on initial aggro... Don't pull with it, pull with siphon strength and then hit it with DC,
Old 01-23-2020, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Knights have anywhere between a ton of aggro and an ungodly broken amount of aggro. So long as you are casting spells as soon as they are available and the mob isn’t rooted (with other players closer) you shouldn’t have a problem. Assuming your team is using a modicum of common sense...like a ranger not casting flame lick, etc.

I used to pull with clinging dark. More aggro than siphon, cheap, and gives a chance to hit it with two spells before your group can touch it.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

First agro has reduced hate... Siphon str first then dc...
Old 01-23-2020, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since no-one else is actually answering what you brought up: Yeah, it's been noticed by some players. There was some discussion about it last fall. The cause is unknown. I feel that there appears to be some sort of level based effect at play possibly in addition to other factors. The discussion ultimately died down because in the long run the Shadow Knight still holds threat adequately so folks don't care overmuch for the most part.

Danth
Old 01-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Kobold

Thanks Danth, yours was the only useful reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its your perception. I cant even cast DC on my low lvl shaman or ill get face hugged......but as im typing this, are you talking about the weapon proc version?
Yes, I perceive that when I cast DC on an engaged mob it doesn't turn to me immediately as I expected from my 58 lvls of SK experience on blue.

When at range, I can't pull a mob from my pet using DC...
Old 01-23-2020, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Here's some info from Blue after they patched weapon proc aggro and there were some complaints that aggro changed on the low-level knight/ranger spells we all use for snap aggro... for reference:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=317528

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-26-2020, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing it has to do with the hate cap on initial aggro... Don't pull with it
Damn! Is this actually a thing?
Closed Thread