Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default 1 Handed Shadow Knight and Paladin Weapons

I know knight classes get 1 handers that are far superior to other classes, but how close do they come to 2 handers? Which is the BIS in velious for SK or Paladin? Hard to tell with the four pages each on the classes on the wiki, and the planar etc section doesn't list any 1 handers
Old 01-26-2020, 12:41 AM
Sarnak

BiS is Palladius' Axe of Slaughter or Petrified Heartwood Flamberge for 2-handers.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BiS is Palladius' Axe of Slaughter or Petrified Heartwood Flamberge for 2-handers.
Yep, but I mean what are the absolute greatest 1 handers?
Old 01-26-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

i really like my vyemm hammer, good ratio 27/25, high DD proc on any mob not just undead.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, but I mean what are the absolute greatest 1 handers?
Frostwrath, Soul Defiler, Sledge of Smashing, or Primal Velium Knight's Sword are the best Pal/SK 1H you can get in this game. Dawncaller ranks highly as well but its undead-only effect limits it slightly in comparison to the others. Essence Lens quest would add another interesting option but slightly inferior to those described. The best droppable 1H PAL/SK weapons are Massive Dragonclaw Shard, Ebon Mace, and Jeldorin.

Danth
Old 01-26-2020, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frostwrath, Soul Defiler, Sledge of Smashing, or Primal Velium Knight's Sword are the best Pal/SK 1H you can get in this game. Dawncaller ranks highly as well but its undead-only effect limits it slightly in comparison to the others. Essence Lens quest would add another interesting option but slightly inferior to those described. The best droppable 1H PAL/SK weapons are Massive Dragonclaw Shard, Ebon Mace, and Jeldorin.

Danth
Thanks again. Still on the edge of what knight I want, but I like to 1h options in velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2020, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

If you're in a ToV capable guild, there are several options for both classes. Danth listed the best ones, mostly. Black Rock Maul of Crushing was what I used until I got a Palladius' Axe.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

From an average white/melee damage perspective with 2h's, assuming damage bonus is scaling, ratio is king. There are lure-line (or close to it) procs that even contribute to your damage against some raid targets or at least trash mobs along the way but in general ratio > all else.

Same goes for 1h except damage bonus has always been and will always be static per level. On that line of logic, in the high levels speed is king (eg: Soul Defiler) assuming ratio is fairly close or on par with the slower one. If you have a good proc though that's landing frequently weapons like the Sledge of Smashing are VERY capable (each landed proc is 4.66 dps and you have 2ppm on average).

With hybrids where the logic gets sticky is when casting is needed. Aggro spells shouldn't be weighed in the decision because if you're chain casting these your dps is the last thing a group or raid is considering. In terms of "survival mode" though often there is a lot of casting. Paladins have a HoT on a 1.5 sec cast time where as the SK's taps are much slower. While you won't "lose your swing" in that once you are done casting the melee cycle will have refreshed and you will take it the swings between the start and stop of the casting time can be missed.

Really though, if you have access to the best of the best gear the most ideal scenario would be to do some parsing so you have objective data. Luckily my gear is garbage and I don't raid so I can just theorycraft to my delusional heart's content. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-27-2020 at 12:32 PM..
Old 02-25-2020, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

I always wanted a shadow knight with that tunare sword. I seen some shadow knights do big things with that dam sword lol
Old 02-25-2020, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Parsed priceless knight and icecone vs epic and primal claidmore... The 2hander parse around 10dps higher on bloodmaw
Closed Thread