Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

The big issue with doing this like stormfeather is that the fight isn't obsolete solo for many classes.

"Stormfeather 2.0" seems more logical to me than a massive list (where folks get bumped back to the top if they aren't on during a pop), but there would need to be clear rules regarding timing for the turn in and kill. There would also need to be clear rules for what happens if you fail the fight.

It strikes me more like a verina tomb type of contest than a stormfeather...and VT is still brutal.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big issue with doing this like stormfeather is that the fight isn't obsolete solo for many classes.

"Stormfeather 2.0" seems more logical to me than a massive list (where folks get bumped back to the top if they aren't on during a pop), but there would need to be clear rules regarding timing for the turn in and kill. There would also need to be clear rules for what happens if you fail the fight.

It strikes me more like a verina tomb type of contest than a stormfeather...and VT is still brutal.
Because it's not soloable for most people (shamans could probably do it), imo it should be a roll and then everyone helps kill (like Scout). Otherwise getting a squadron together with such short notice will be tough, especially if it pops at like 3 am
Old 02-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Banned

I resigned myself to never getting a ring or stormfeather - because I am a filthy casual and that was the way Brad designed his game.

All the people crying they want lists and stuff should just accept that unless they are willing to invest large sums of their life they don't deserve this ring.This was the way it was in 1999-2001.

Let the neckbeards feel like they deserve something for a mis-managed life.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Look, I got Lodizal. The next Stormfeather is mine.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it's not soloable for most people (shamans could probably do it), imo it should be a roll and then everyone helps kill (like Scout). Otherwise getting a squadron together with such short notice will be tough, especially if it pops at like 3 am
There will be a lot more than Shaman's soloing him. Even a Ranger could solo him if they bring a bag full of Wort Pots for 30k HP worth of instant heals, and that's not counting the obligatory Soulfire and Reaper. That's like 15k or less and considering the rewards that's a no brainer investment. Kromzek Captain is a much stronger mob.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

I was hoping there'd be more info in this thread when I got home from work. At least one of us was logging it though. Note, I'm EST:

[Tue Feb 12 10:00:55 2019] a shady goblin gapes at the note in puzzlement, obviously a bit concerned by it. The courier looks at the note for more than a minute, then looks at you, and back at the note. 'Errm.. welp, dunno what to make of the note. If I know the right of it, Skargus finally got him some girly to do his writin' for him. Ooooh I bet she's a tasty one, graarr. If I was warlord I know I'd have me a girly too. Gah, take this report and get outta my sight.'

(Grats Bbeta)

That time is about 2H 45M later than people were expecting it, so we're not sure if a reset or variance is involved. Now everyone has the timer and hopefully tomorrow morning between 7:20AM and 12:40PM we'll see another spawn and either be able to dial in the variance, or see the spawn exactly at 10:00:55AM and it will be a set 24H.

Then we can work out how to work the camp in a civil manner, and move the mental gymnastics over to the 3 day Angry.

Good luck everyone!

-Mcoy
Old 02-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Who died and made mcoy the mayor of EQ
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let the neckbeards feel like they deserve something for a mis-managed life.
my vote for post of the month
Old 02-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Kobold

There is a variance for the shady, the 8 minute difference between morbo and mine would have suggested the server restarts (maybe) but after today it confirms variance.

the question is how big of a variance is there. and good luck rolling that...

as for angry it should be 3day 10% as listed in 90% of the old posts i could find... but i wouldn't be surprised if its a 5day with a 16 hour variance...
Old 02-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who died and made mcoy the mayor of EQ
Everyone. There was a vote for mayor and no one but Mcoy showed up to vote, so he got stuck with the job.

Glad it wasn't me ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread