Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tight knit?

I was in TMO, I know how they share accounts and they do it like any other successful raiding guild has done on p99. The majority share accounts to help take down targets. Very few people in TMO didn't share and it's not something close friends only do in the guild.

Sharing exploits is how people get caught quickly, it's no different than people who rob banks and then tell all of their friends. You guys are beyond idiotic.

You don't have to share an exploit to log onto a friends account and rez him. You don't have to share your exploit period. If people had shared it, the exploit wouldn't have taken 9+ months to discover.

How stupid can you guys be, it's obvious none of you could ever keep a secret if your lives depended on it.

"Oh gee, he asked me to log on his account and rez him... better tell him about my plat dupe!"
who cares whether it was kept secret or not. The 2 people bought 86 accounts that helped TMO dominate the raid scene
Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heazels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who cares whether it was kept secret or not. The 2 people bought 86 accounts that helped TMO dominate the raid scene
bought or " created " chars
Old 12-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightgeary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bought or " created " chars
probably both
Old 12-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heazels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bought? You're mistaken.

TMO has around 15+ tracking accounts and I know one of the people named was a major tracker. TMO also has porting accounts and access to "community" accounts from people who quit the game that no longer play, these get passed around quite often.

There are also tons of EC toons that are used in TMO and I also know the same person would log on a few of those as well. He also was trusted to log in on many cleric accounts to rez guildmates.

I'm not sure how many accounts those guys had between them, but they definitely did not buy 86 accounts themselves. Those are just ones I ended up having to log in multiple times, I've been asked to rez people on their clerics a few times and just never wrote them down, also asked to log onto other people's alts to grab stuff off their mules.

I have an EQ file with 20+ accounts and passwords that are all in TMO and not personally mine and I wasn't even that well liked.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

The problem with this forum argument is that the culpable ones are silent. There are definitely people who were unfairly compromised in this scandal. However, there probably are people who were participating who simply aren't speaking up here. Not everyone has to be in on it.

The worst effect of what's been going on has been the subtle inflation that platinum duplication causes. Leaving the originator the money loses almost no purchasing power, but on each successful transaction as money disperses throughout the populace, we've slowly devalued, or rather hastened the inevitable, inflation.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Fire Giant

You guys toss your characters around as casually as a cigarette out a car window, why is this a shocker when it happens?

Keep your damn characters to yourself.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 12-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

if people with influence in TMO had any intelligence they would use these 2 weeks to start reaching out to the other guilds in order to start working up a plan as to how to improve the raid scene on the server

instead they are complaining and trying to justify there actions

maybe you didnt know it was going on, maybe you did. Maybe your account just got logged on for a buff, maybe it didnt

It really makes no difference. It all falls under the umbrella of accountability.

this server would be loads better if people at the top worked with each other instead of against each other.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
No?

Lets break it down to easy to digest morsels so you can understand it:

One person found an exploit and then shared it with another person.

Those people used the exploit for a bit a very long time ago.

Over the course of the last year or however far back they went, anyones character (Not characters belonging to the 2 cheaters) who was logged in for any reason was banned / suspended for 2-4 weeks.

These were not characters being constantly used by the cheaters.

These were not characters bought using duped platinum/items.

If our guild was funded by duped money, why would we bother to sell MQs and stuff along those lines? Why would we farm for countless hours to afford things? Why would our officers have to award loot that was bought from EC through a process that generally takes weeks, when we secretly had infinite money to buy every item on the market?

The vast majority of TMO speaks out strongly against cheating and RMT behind closed doors, so believe what you want- but so many of these statements from the crowd are complete nonsense.

The 2 individuals who duped some gems/bars forever ago have apologized to us on our forums for tainting our name and hurting the status of the characters who are now in limbo and since then have been banned from our forums and will never be allowed to raid with us again under any character.

The big RMT bust was a single individual who sold off his account for a very small sum of money (a couple hundred dollars).

Every item ever acquired from a raid with TMO can be tracked. We keep extremely well documented excel spreadsheets and know what was looted, who looted it, what character it is now on, and if it was sold we know to whom and for how much.

Our own members keep each other in check and people would be up in arms if anything did not add up- believe me when I say we have people who are way too into keeping track of this shit for anything to go unnoticed.

You people act as if we generated infinite platinum to buy everyone 10 characters to dominate the raid scene.

The truth is that even if we all were level 1 right now with no gear, we would level up, get geared and keyed, and crush the competition all over again.

WHY? Because our guild has the largest collection of motivated players on the server who will track and kill mobs at any time of day 24/7.

EQ has always been about who puts in more time, etc, and those people are the ones who see top end gear and raid content. Is it fair and does it allow everyone to experience all the content that they may have missed years ago? No. Does it let everyone share loot equally among the various guilds? No. WHY? Because that is not how everquest works, now, or ever.

It is a game that rewards the few who have far too much time on their hands. Its not something to brag about, and at the same time its not something to hate people for. Others choose to spend their time playing other games or participating in other hobbies. Just because you choose not to do these things, does not entitle you bash others for their life choices.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No?

Lets break it down to easy to digest morsels so you can understand it:

One person found an exploit and then shared it with another person.

Those people used the exploit for a bit a very long time ago.

Over the course of the last year or however far back they went, anyones character (Not characters belonging to the 2 cheaters) who was logged in for any reason was banned / suspended for 2-4 weeks.

These were not characters being constantly used by the cheaters.

These were not characters bought using duped platinum/items.

If our guild was funded by duped money, why would we bother to sell MQs and stuff along those lines? Why would we farm for countless hours to afford things? Why would our officers have to award loot that was bought from EC through a process that generally takes weeks, when we secretly had infinite money to buy every item on the market?

The vast majority of TMO speaks out strongly against cheating and RMT behind closed doors, so believe what you want- but so many of these statements from the crowd are complete nonsense.

The 2 individuals who duped some gems/bars forever ago have apologized to us on our forums for tainting our name and hurting the status of the characters who are now in limbo and since then have been banned from our forums and will never be allowed to raid with us again under any character.

The big RMT bust was a single individual who sold off his account for a very small sum of money (a couple hundred dollars).

Every item ever acquired from a raid with TMO can be tracked. We keep extremely well documented excel spreadsheets and know what was looted, who looted it, what character it is now on, and if it was sold we know to whom and for how much.

Our own members keep each other in check and people would be up in arms if anything did not add up- believe me when I say we have people who are way too into keeping track of this shit for anything to go unnoticed.

You people act as if we generated infinite platinum to buy everyone 10 characters to dominate the raid scene.

The truth is that even if we all were level 1 right now with no gear, we would level up, get geared and keyed, and crush the competition all over again.

WHY? Because our guild has the largest collection of motivated players on the server who will track and kill mobs at any time of day 24/7.

EQ has always been about who puts in more time, etc, and those people are the ones who see top end gear and raid content. Is it fair and does it allow everyone to experience all the content that they may have missed years ago? No. Does it let everyone share loot equally among the various guilds? No. WHY? Because that is not how everquest works, now, or ever.

It is a game that rewards the few who have far too much time on their hands. Its not something to brag about, and at the same time its not something to hate people for. Others choose to spend their time playing other games or participating in other hobbies. Just because you choose not to do these things, does not entitle you bash others for their life choices.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this server would be loads better if people at the top worked with each other instead of against each other.
This.
Closed Thread