Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Ban guild raiding and make all raid targets open raids. Have guild officers or reps random on loot that drops winner gets to award to their guildmembers. That way the casual raiders get handed loot and the hardcore raiders can still raid..

This is Sarcasm and is no less than a lot of other posts here about how raids should be "fairly" split up. Oh and like a lot of the ideas being posted and commented on I have no authority to make such deals.

Oh and at the end of the day you will not see one suggestion or idea that doesn't benefit the poster without hurting someone else but some are more balanced for risk vs effort than others.
Last edited by Seltius; 12-31-2013 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

P99:judgementday.jpg

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 12-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by triad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so because some want to have handouts the ones who enjoy competition should disband because the ones who want handouts wont budge b/c they aren't willing to put the slightest effort into a real competitive agreement?
The infantile argument that somehow the majority of the server isn't putting great effort into competing or that they somehow want some sort of welfare type handout doesn't wash. You certainly want people to believe that this is true but it is not. Once you realize that most of us, including those of us that log on mostly to just raid, do not believe it then perhaps we can talk about the circumstances that are the truth.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Years of Raid kills. BDA kills sky.... TMO/FE/IB raided the rest. BDA didn't even attempt shit.

Years of precedent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However if you want to make a sky rotation..... oh wait.
Flimsy at best.
No mention of why Taken is included in your list.
Incorrect fact(s) about BDA.

So, what's your precedent again?
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you using the sky rotation as your basis for a guild list? I'm gonna make my own raid guild list. TMO/FE/IB/BDA/Taken. Out of those 5 guilds 3 of them agree on a proposal and 2 don't.
I'd say sky is a good indication of what guilds raid and want to raid more.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

For the sake of clarity there are two proposals on the table at the moment. FE/TMO's plan as put forth by FE and TMO. The other plan was proposed by Divinity which every other guild has got behind. Each plan has it's merits. The FE plan has more FFA competition and the Divinity plan has 50% FFA and 50% serpentine draft rotation. Each side tried to make some concessions to their respective plans in an attempt to bring the sides closer together. Four hours later at 1am EST we agreed to reconvene on the 1st.

This isn't about propaganda, this isn't about manifesto, it's about trying to create an environment in which all guilds that currently exist and any future guilds that could exist will can thrive in. I'm honestly tired of the public bickering and posturing. The casual side of this debate will try to make additional concessions and I hope the hardcore side does the same to their plan so we can get this hammered out.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ban guild raiding and make all raid targets open raids.
Guess who is going to be at all the open raids? The most dedicated players / the players with the most time on their hands to play EQ.

It is no different than what is going on now, really. They just won't be able to organize as quickly.

Scenario 1:
Players sit around in EC waiting for mob to spawn.

People start shouting they are forming a raid. Whoever recruits faster goes up. People start picking favorites and forming tight circles that become exclusive.

Scenario 2:
Players sit around in EC waiting for mob to spawn.

Raid mob spawns, everyone has to ensure everyone has a ride to get there. Someone has to let their dog out and never comes back. Someone alt tabs and takes forever. Someone goes LD. Everyone waits. Players decide those people have taken too long. Mob is slain. Players come back 30 minutes later and petition that the entire group of players online who asked to be a part of the raid were skipped out on because of greed / they knew I needed the item too so they cut me out etc.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

I honestly do not believe additional concessions are required based on the Divinity plan. TMO/FE etc just don't understand how good it is for them.

1. 14 days of rotation, rest of the month FFA. Result: 168 days of rotation out of 365. So they get 54% of the mobs right there.

2. Then (assuming a 10 guild rotation) they get 20% of the rotated mobs. Guilds like AG, Europa, and the A-Team would probably give up 30-40% of our mobs because we aren't 24 hour capable. So thats another 10% that would become FFA. No one other than FE and TMO can kill Hoshkar and Nexona, so they get another few percent. And finally, the rotation only specifies 2 rounds - sometimes three mobs will spawn. It's real hard for me to see how FE/TMO as a unit don't get 35% of the mobs during the two weeks of rotation.

So, 46% * 1/3 + 54% means TMO, FE, and IB together will get 70% of all targets. That's really not bad at all.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Its also simple, easily expandable into Velious, requires zero GM involvement, and hardcores keep their "competition" 50% of the time.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly do not believe additional concessions are required based on the Divinity plan. TMO/FE etc just don't understand how good it is for them.

1. 14 days of rotation, rest of the month FFA. Result: 168 days of rotation out of 365. So they get 54% of the mobs right there.

2. Then (assuming a 10 guild rotation) they get 20% of the rotated mobs. Guilds like AG, Europa, and the A-Team would probably give up 30-40% of our mobs because we aren't 24 hour capable. So thats another 10% that would become FFA. No one other than FE and TMO can kill Hoshkar and Nexona, so they get another few percent. And finally, the rotation only specifies 2 rounds - sometimes three mobs will spawn. It's real hard for me to see how FE/TMO as a unit don't get 35% of the mobs during the two weeks of rotation.

So, 46% * 1/3 + 54% means TMO, FE, and IB together will get 70% of all targets. That's really not bad at all.
that would work great, except for amazingly large variance. Unless the rotation just picks up where it leaves off after the 14 days, but then that means there is going to be a huge wait for rotations.
Closed Thread