Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-30-2023, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no beef with unchainedfury but it's a little bold to pretend like you're on the same level as necros like kharizzar and necrious. They ran circles around you and would still today despite not playing for years.
can confirm. necrious and i were in opposing guilds yet he inspired me to make a necro and get the starter kit (soul well, epic, strings, soulfires, willsapper, etc) and able to solo 22 a half decade ago. and i'm arguably the worst player in the history of the game.

i don't think ucf is a bad person. i don't know why he chose to do what he did - but this game does have an unusual effect on people. i think he's a solid player, but this idea that he was some amazing innovator just sounds silly to any washed up veterans like myself.
Old 08-30-2023, 04:31 AM
Kobold

Let’s keep talking about the same person…it’s really fun
Old 08-30-2023, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsofrock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s keep talking about the same person…it’s really fun
the circle jerk always needs a villain to seethe over

there was a forum post with "detoxx" in it every half hour for 4 years
Old 09-02-2023, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the circle jerk always needs a villain to seethe over

there was a forum post with "detoxx" in it every half hour for 4 years
to be fair, detoxx was relevant. his choices had lasting impact on the server. plus he has a pretty fascinating arc. people barely remember now that detoxx used to be a total scrub. i once clicked my guise in front of him, having never spoken to him, and he sent me a tell calling me a "gay person'

he led failed guild after failed guild and was a literal living meme. but he didn't give up. now, i respect him.

but yeah villainy is abound. even i was one for a few minutes, before the server collectively forgot how mediocre i am and literally just forgot i was a bad person or something. so i saw the mob mentality first hand. its very bizarre. the strangest part is the stories people make up. i heard the most outrageous shit about myself. it low-key made me feel like an evil genius.

then i raided for awhile and got bored and quit again and no one cared.
Old 09-02-2023, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to be fair, detoxx was relevant. his choices had lasting impact on the server. plus he has a pretty fascinating arc. people barely remember now that detoxx used to be a total scrub. i once clicked my guise in front of him, having never spoken to him, and he sent me a tell calling me a "gay person'

he led failed guild after failed guild and was a literal living meme. but he didn't give up. now, i respect him.

but yeah villainy is abound. even i was one for a few minutes, before the server collectively forgot how mediocre i am and literally just forgot i was a bad person or something. so i saw the mob mentality first hand. its very bizarre. the strangest part is the stories people make up. i heard the most outrageous shit about myself. it low-key made me feel like an evil genius.

then i raided for awhile and got bored and quit again and no one cared.
sounds about right, can relate
Old 09-02-2023, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Can we move this to the Nursing Home server ideas forum?
Old 09-07-2023, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we move this to the Nursing Home server ideas forum?
Yesterday was my 33rd birthday. I had a horrific realization.

I was 17 when I signed up for p99 alpha.

Fuck.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yesterday was my 33rd birthday. I had a horrific realization.

I was 17 when I signed up for p99 alpha.

Fuck.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

screenshot likely from 2013-2014~
im turning 25 in a month, just in case you weren't feeling existential enough. happy belated.

the eccentric personalities that inhabit norrath is one of the few things that keep this game interesting. that and optimizing the game to unnecessary extremes, in the same vein of people speedrunning n64 games in the current year. most of us can only dream of being public enemy #1 - its the only true way to feel like you're winning in this game (other than quitting entirely)