Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 12-06-2023, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most guilds can’t do a 18-25 person vindi without a neckbeard composition of chain-dying bane wizards. AoW ain’t no Vindi…

If you are feeling adventurous with your pet choice during a draft I’d get a few knights and some other Ench’s try to wrangle Yetarr. Basically each knight just buying a couple seconds for the next Dictate to land. Unless they are solidly geared the sacrifice would be worth it. Assuming your ench squad can handle it.
Sanctum did this on one of our AoW kills a few drafts back. It went pretty well, with room for improvement. Used 3 enchanters for Yetarr's slot by doing controlled pet breaks to swap (so 8 enchanters holding 5 pets + Yetarr, with 2 open at any given time). On break we mostly just allowed him to path towards his enchanter snared until the fresh dictate landed, since he wasn't tanking here. so wouldn't summon.

We ended up with this parse:

/GU The Avatar of War in 347s, 993k @2862 | Yetarr 126k | A Drakkel Dire Wolf 69631 | Dyeniel + pets 46464 | Darkin + pets 33024 | Trooper Pejhayor 26092 | Trooper Ymmedlor 23885 | Repo 22764 | Jayya 22701 | Snurre 21297 {X} | Kobayashii 21147 {X} | Lookwhosbehind 18885 | Senior Guard Whiteaxe 18427 | Shoeshineboy 18047 | Jadsen 17638 {X} | Teslacoil 17199

Yetarr did 362 DPS. Log file analysis showed we had him on target for 56% of the fight, so improving that could potentially get up to ~500-600ish. That seems about right based on relative AC vs. Vindi, as we've got some parses of him doing 750 dps vs. Vindi, and I do about 2/3 as much damage to AoW as I do to Vindi, so it lines up pretty well.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sanctum did this on one of our AoW kills a few drafts back. It went pretty well, with room for improvement. Used 3 enchanters for Yetarr's slot by doing controlled pet breaks to swap (so 8 enchanters holding 5 pets + Yetarr, with 2 open at any given time). On break we mostly just allowed him to path towards his enchanter snared until the fresh dictate landed, since he wasn't tanking here. so wouldn't summon.

We ended up with this parse:

/GU The Avatar of War in 347s, 993k @2862 | Yetarr 126k | A Drakkel Dire Wolf 69631 | Dyeniel + pets 46464 | Darkin + pets 33024 | Trooper Pejhayor 26092 | Trooper Ymmedlor 23885 | Repo 22764 | Jayya 22701 | Snurre 21297 {X} | Kobayashii 21147 {X} | Lookwhosbehind 18885 | Senior Guard Whiteaxe 18427 | Shoeshineboy 18047 | Jadsen 17638 {X} | Teslacoil 17199

Yetarr did 362 DPS. Log file analysis showed we had him on target for 56% of the fight, so improving that could potentially get up to ~500-600ish. That seems about right based on relative AC vs. Vindi, as we've got some parses of him doing 750 dps vs. Vindi, and I do about 2/3 as much damage to AoW as I do to Vindi, so it lines up pretty well.
damn that is some nutty dps
Old 12-07-2023, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn that is some nutty dps
He innately triples and flurries for 110 to 430 but doesn't innately dual wield. Torch makes him dual wield to get 6 attacks a combat round, so when hasted he starts cranking out ~7 attacks per second. He's a monster.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting idea on paper but g'luck with that one. People have a hard enough time following a single chain...with constant swaps you're bound to have an oopsie-daisy.

Even if you could get a stable pull, CH will still only heal for 10k...so not sure where you're getting the 3 second chain from.

Not hating, I love fun shit like this...but gonna give this one a big fat nerp.

Soulfire nerf basically makes very low number AoW near impossible unless you've got a straight up BiS A-team across the board. Even with a reaper list and perfect execution its still tough.

Anyone know the lowest number kill on AoW post soulfire paladood only?
Was able to do a low man Vindi with a variant of this technique; 10 people on the core kill, using Yetarr and Bvellos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE

Though I was originally planning a double dictate chain, I am leaning more now towards a Yetarr+Bvellos setup and running chains on both, just ducking whichever doesn't have aggro.

Yetarr took 64% of his life in damage when he went 15 seconds without heals around 2:02->2:17. AoW hits about 3-4x as hard as Vindi, so 3 second chain would be fine to handle if that had come in in 4 seconds instead of 15. I might go to 2 second chain for Yetarr to be safe, though. Bvellos is tougher, but I didn't get a good video of him in this part. I think 3 seconds is probably ok for him still, there were some cases with him taking 36% of his life in damage during a 10 second CH cast; that's probably ok durability metrics for a 3 second AoW chain.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was able to do a low man Vindi with a variant of this technique; 10 people on the core kill, using Yetarr and Bvellos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE

Though I was originally planning a double dictate chain, I am leaning more now towards a Yetarr+Bvellos setup and running chains on both, just ducking whichever doesn't have aggro.

Yetarr took 64% of his life in damage when he went 15 seconds without heals around 2:02->2:17. AoW hits about 3-4x as hard as Vindi, so 3 second chain would be fine to handle if that had come in in 4 seconds instead of 15. I might go to 2 second chain for Yetarr to be safe, though. Bvellos is tougher, but I didn't get a good video of him in this part. I think 3 seconds is probably ok for him still, there were some cases with him taking 36% of his life in damage during a 10 second CH cast; that's probably ok durability metrics for a 3 second AoW chain.
i want to see the video of the attempt...maybe next draft talk to the guild officers and convince them to let you pick AoW on round 1
Old 03-04-2024, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

OP, my understanding is that when you heal someone that’s fighting a mob, the mob has to pass a witness check to notice that you’ve healed. You can try this by healing somebody that’s fighting a mob that’s not KOS to you, then conning the mob. Sometimes you’ll go on the aggro list, sometimes you won’t.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
On break we mostly just allowed him to path towards his enchanter snared until the fresh dictate landed, since he wasn't tanking here. so wouldn't summon.
I don't quite understand how Yetarr wouldn't summon upon charm breaking. Wouldn't he summon immediately if not in melee range of the enchanter?
Old 03-06-2024, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

In that situation, Yetarr was being used for DPS and not tanking, so was at 100% life and wouldn't summon since the warrior had Avatar turned.

We have since improved the technique, and the enchanter zones before dictate ends. Since Yetarr is pacified and ensnared, he doesn't aggro anyone or move away from the target, and the next dictate can pick him up and have him start attacking immediately with no loss of DPS moving.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
In that situation, Yetarr was being used for DPS and not tanking, so was at 100% life and wouldn't summon since the warrior had Avatar turned.

We have since improved the technique, and the enchanter zones before dictate ends. Since Yetarr is pacified and ensnared, he doesn't aggro anyone or move away from the target, and the next dictate can pick him up and have him start attacking immediately with no loss of DPS moving.
yeah thats pretty sick stuff