Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Put an end to account buying and selling?
Yes 273 70.18%
No 116 29.82%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a single thread or post that mentions pvp and they'll jump down your throat about how the game isn't meant for pvp and all red players act like children
Im pretty sure this happens because retards from your dead server continually come to the blue forums and try to recruit our players. It gets old after awhile.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's absolutely asinine for people to come in here and say things like, "Why do you care about account selling? It doesn't change the way you play the game. Let people have fun and play the game the way they want."

This is simply not the case. The rampant buying and selling of accounts has major implications at all levels of the game, from casual to hardcore, 1-60.

1) It eliminates the importance of reputation, since a banned player can simply buy a new account
2) Encourages cheating, for the same reason
3) Turns the raid scene into a farce that is largely based on accumulating accounts and camping them out at raid targets
4) Artificially de-populates the lower levels of the game since fewer people level alts, which hurts new players
5) Contributes to the top-heavy nature of the server since accounts don't necessarily leave when players do
6) Is a major conduit for RMT, and is much more difficult to detect since suspicious in-game transfers don't need to take place
7) Artificially increases the demand and market price of mid to high-end gear, since it is being constantly bought and sold to outfit stripped chars people purchased
8) Eliminates feelings of community since character/player identities are so transient and ultimately meaningless

Imagine P1999 as being a nice public park that people can come enjoy, hang out, have picnics, fly kites, throw footballs, etc... generally do whatever they want.

People defending account sales would be like if a bunch of rednecks drove into the park in 4x4s and started doing donuts in the grass and running over bushes and generally making a wreck of the place, and told everyone else to fuck off because, "I'm enjoying the park the way I want to!"
Old 05-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Kobold

^^

-Hustle 59 Cleric <Forceful Entry>

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. -Ephesians 6:12
Old 05-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

If you Forumquest, then you run in to the trolls from red and blue. Blue players act high and mighty when they post the same stupid shit the red players do.

You will find good people in-game regardless if its red or blue. You will however run into 10-20 shitbags before you find good people. (This has been my experience since launch.)
Old 05-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you Forumquest, then you run in to the trolls from red and blue. Blue players act high and mighty when they post the same stupid shit the red players do.

You will find good people in-game regardless if its red or blue. You will however run into 10-20 shitbags before you find good people. (This has been my experience since launch.)
I always try to remember that forums and in-game rarely match. I'd have to say though, in game, I run into far fewer shitbags it seems. In nearly three years on this server, with the same toon, I've only ever squabbles three separate times. None major...
Old 05-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheaters gonna cheat, regardless.

lol at that way of thinking ! ok then why not leave your house door open since burglars are gonna rob your house anyways?
You might as well commit suicide since you're going to die regardless.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always try to remember that forums and in-game rarely match. I'd have to say though, in game, I run into far fewer shitbags it seems. In nearly three years on this server, with the same toon, I've only ever squabbles three separate times. None major...
I hear this a lot, and wish I could play on the same server. I have the shittiest luck when it comes to finding good people on this server.

The only optimism I have, is that I'm lucky enough to catch everyone on their off day, and were in a bad mood. But that isn't realistic.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

What's amazing about this poll is how in favor of getting rid of acct buying/selling. Look at most national (USA, sorry, I know not everyone is from 'murica) polls and you will see most split down at 50/50 - a 56/44 is DECISIVE.

This would be considered 'landslide opposition'. More than 2:1
Old 05-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Probably because any sane person who's playing the game accepting the grind knows it's against the spirit of community and fair play. I consider buying an account essentially cheating since you can lose your bad rep on a past char and it also opens the door for (and has been clearly abused) RMT.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's amazing about this poll is how in favor of getting rid of acct buying/selling. Look at most national (USA, sorry, I know not everyone is from 'murica) polls and you will see most split down at 50/50 - a 56/44 is DECISIVE.

This would be considered 'landslide opposition'. More than 2:1
qft
Closed Thread