Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

Default Raid Scene 12/20 - 01/02

The leadership of FE, IB, BDA, Taken, and Divinity have agreed on a special arrangement for this two week period. Any other guild that would like to participate is more than welcome.

1. Any guild participating in this agreement will wait two hours to engage a raid mob if that guild killed that particular raid mob on its last spawn. This does not apply to any raid mob killed before 12/20. Ragefire is not included; nor does this apply to Veeshan's peak.

This means, for example, if guild A kills CT on 12/22 and CT spawns again on 12/30 at 1pm est, guild A will not be able to engage CT until 3pm est at the very earliest.

2. There will be no training whatsoever in Veeshan's peak. All guilds are free to enter, mobilize, etc. IF there is an accident and one raidforce happens to train another, it is expected that the matter is handled maturely such that the force which was trained is given support (res, drag, etc.) and given a legitimate (timely) first attempt at the mob.

This agreement symbolizes a step toward a less cut-throat and less extreme raiding environment on this server while at the same time attempting to maintain a competitive atmosphere. We all hope that this agreement, in some form or another, carries on into the future and that each of the guilds involved in the end-game raiding scene on this server are able to, between them, come to terms that make this server more enjoyable for everyone.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

Confirmed by BDA. Good luck all! We'd also like to point out that http://www.whokilledit.com is a great resource for finding out who should be sitting out and helping self regulate as per agreed stipulations(minus VP kills, Maestro, RF, & Master Yael.)

-
Troubledour - 60 bard - BDA Raid Leader
Last edited by Troubled; 12-20-2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old 12-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Fire Giant

+10000000000000
Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Was a good plan, excited to see the results.
Everyone have a good 2 weeks of merbs!

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

Amazing. I can't believe I'm seeing this here. You guys are great. Reminds me of my classic server.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

The A-Team plans to kill everything without regard to this arrangement. We recently applied for an economic stimulus grant for several hundred thousand dollars, which we are using to pay homeless people $.25 per hour to track for us.

On a more serious note: I would definitely like the high-end scene to be more cooperative and less competitive, but I don't think everything can be blamed on TMO. We need mechanics changes - some subset of:
  • Simultaneous Repops, spreading players out during boss mob fights
  • Tokens, allowing people to 'just enjoy classic Everquest'
  • Ban trains in VP
  • Reduce repop times on certain mobs (for example, all of hate/fear/sky repopping every 6 hours instead of 8/12/etc would be great)
  • Encourage people to delete alt accounts of their own volition, by giving deleters guises or illusion stuff or whatever
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

Before all the cynics chime in I just want to say I love you guys. I hope this goes swimmingly and leads to better days. Gotta clear that new path for others to walk down y'all.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanthallas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The leadership of FE, IB, BDA, Taken, and Divinity have agreed on a special arrangement for this two week period. Any other guild that would like to participate is more than welcome.

1. Any guild participating in this agreement will wait two hours to engage a raid mob if that guild killed that particular raid mob on its last spawn. This does not apply to any raid mob killed before 12/20. Ragefire is not included; nor does this apply to Veeshan's peak.

This means, for example, if guild A kills CT on 12/22 and CT spawns again on 12/30 at 1pm est, guild A will not be able to engage CT until 3pm est at the very earliest.

2. There will be no training whatsoever in Veeshan's peak. All guilds are free to enter, mobilize, etc. IF there is an accident and one raidforce happens to train another, it is expected that the matter is handled maturely such that the force which was trained is given support (res, drag, etc.) and given a legitimate (timely) first attempt at the mob.

This agreement symbolizes a step toward a less cut-throat and less extreme raiding environment on this server while at the same time attempting to maintain a competitive atmosphere. We all hope that this agreement, in some form or another, carries on into the future and that each of the guilds involved in the end-game raiding scene on this server are able to, between them, come to terms that make this server more enjoyable for everyone.
Absolutely brilliant. I love it. Good sportsmanship combined with civility all while preserving the need to compete for targets. See what happens when people talk to each other.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said add the NO training policy to fear/hate as well. Try to agree that it is done lack back in 2010, by having to clear your way to the mob to prevent another guild being steamrolled by a pull gone wrong.

Essentially making CT/Draco and Inny/Maestro needing to be killed on or near their spawn/roaming points. Which i assume is similar to what you are referencing in regards to VP.

Another splendid idea would be for this first wave of Naggy/Vox or perhaps the second wave... make it a public raid for anyone wanting to join. I know BDA has a streak going on Vox, but perhaps they would be open to the idea of the open raid aspect due to there being some people 52 and below who are guildless that would also like to see raiding during this time.

Just some basic ideas that i believe would work toward a safer/better raid environment to avoid old behaviors resulting in no additional raid content in the future.
On live I used to see pick-up raids form for Vox in EC. I'd join one on my rogue. However, if it passes the 2 hour time-frame, I can't promise we wouldn't go after it ourselves.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTriad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely brilliant. I love it. Good sportsmanship combined with civility all while preserving the need to compete for targets. See what happens when people talk to each other.
You mean see what happens TMO doesn't have a say in the matter.
Closed Thread