Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

Swish you almost single handedly make RNF unfun. It's actually kind of awkward, as in so cringe worthy sad it's uncomfortable
Old 05-25-2016, 09:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love it how people get rustled and get personal for no reason other than they don't have much else to say when it comes to the crunch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also you're flaring up pretty high on the autism spectrum from the last couple of posts, EQ seems to attract those types.
Ya don't say?
Old 05-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

Time for a new thread!

Swish wins

BDA did something years ago and Swish will be here to remind everyone. Let his vigil continue honorably
Old 05-25-2016, 09:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
What's random about what I'm saying? Plenty of facts in there, good to know the BDA spin department continues from beyond the grave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect. Declaring that any reply to you is ""mad" after spending hundreds yourself, including quite freely admitting the intention to keep posting about things years in the past because it still upsets you, is not just factually incorrect, but outright delusional. Maybe you just can't help projecting?

Quote:
Okay they were told that, THEN you went for the pixel grab rather than enforcing the rules. I see. Totally not BDA's fault. Poor BDA had no other option there (lol)
Thank you for admitting that exploitation of the rotation was occurring before Taken, Divinity, and BDA began asking for changes.

Quote:
You didn't want to contest, so you weren't getting targets, so the good shit wasn't coming in.
BDA did not want to contest under the current requirements for doing so. If the current raid situation did not require hundreds of manhours of mindless door clicking, then things would be different. Fact: BDA was still getting decent pixels on earthquakes and ring Dains before it was changed. But it no longer MATTERED if BDA could get pixels or not; there was far too few left in the guild who thought committing many hours of their lives to door clicking and skype staring was a reasonable use of time. I understand that you, someone who proudly declares how much fun you have sitting sixteen hours for a spawn doing nothing, probably will never understand this.

Quote:
So what did BDA ask for in terms of concessions?
BDA did not ask for anything. Sirken was told, mostly by other guilds, at the guild summit that he mostly ignored that literally anything would be better than the current situation (BDA did not take much of the action during that summit and did very little of the talking, compared to the others). He was told later, after his commentary was posted to reddit, the same again and to consider making changes that reduced the poopsock time commitment at the guild level. He was informed that variance was not serving its intended purpose, there were not enough earthquakes (despite GM promises otherwise), and not limiting racers had priced everyone out of anything but miracle FTEs. Sirken replied that he did not perceive poopsocking as a problem and, if he had his way, he would make things worse. He clarified that he did not control the earthquakes. The only request from BDA was to consider reducing the number of allowed FTE racers, which he did not seem to think was a bad idea, but still has not happened (and would probably not be reduced far enough from what I've seen anyways). From that point on there seemed little point in bothering to try anymore.

If BDA (the smallest raid force in Velious) had felt that it could ever have had a chance in the races without destroying the will to play of a dozen or more of its members, it would not be playing on Phinny right now. Now it's too late, it will never come back regardless of what happens on P99, partially because of reasons unrelated to the raid scene (ie, the hopelessness of a server that never intends to advance any further).

Quote:
No I'm not listening to a cringey 6 hour skype conference to find out the gritty details.
Others suffered so that you don't have to.

Quote:
REALLY? BDA would have gone with another rotation?
BDA would have gone with any solution that reduced the time commitment the current raid scene requires from guilds that want any sort of realistic shot at loot.

Quote:
Shit who'd have guessed? lol. If there actually was one you'd only respect it for as long as you felt you couldn't do better without it.
BDA suggested solutions that maintained the rotation after making it clear the exploitation would no longer be tolerated. No, the Gorenaire requirement was probably not fair. It was also not the only thing BDA would listen to. Nor was BDA the only one pushing it.

Quote:
...and again, old news but you went for a pixel grab yourselves soon after you shit canned the old one. Those guaranteed Kunark dragon pixels for BDA and Taken, yum yum. Zerg to win folks. Small guilds need not apply. Guilds wanting to learn a new encounter definitely need not apply - lets not go too casual now.
Already answered. Also, BDA freely helped other small guilds on raids, including coordinated Sky with MC.

Quote:
"almost universally"? I wouldn't say that. Perhaps you didn't read it. My work here isn't done
Apparently it is not... and it is hilarious that you can type that and yet say that it is OTHER people who are mad.

Quote:
, but what does a previous retirement thread have to do with your guild's greedy Kunark pixel grab and subsequent tantrum/departure?
You're the one who brought up BDA leaving, or "retiring". Maybe you should have thought of that yourself if you didn't like the same being thrown in your face? Hypocrite.

Quote:
I love it how people get rustled and get personal for no reason other than they don't have much else to say when it comes to the crunch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, when people reply to you it means they are "rustled", but when you post hundreds of times a day and outright declare that it is your sworn "work" (your words) to continue character assassination through lies and misrepresentations, it's totally not rage at all.

Quote:
Shit I think that's the longest I spent typing in a while, you're quite invested here for not being here anymore. Also you're flaring up pretty high on the autism spectrum from the last couple of posts, EQ seems to attract those types.
A pitiful personal attack. You must be rustled.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish you almost single handedly make RNF unfun. It's actually kind of awkward, as in so cringe worthy sad it's uncomfortable
I don't read those miserable rivers of quote/rebuttal minutiae, whether it's Mistle or Swish. When someone can't consolidate their thoughts into a few pithy paragraphs I know they don't have anything interesting to say.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not reading all that lol
Old 05-25-2016, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't read those miserable rivers of quote/rebuttal minutiae, whether it's Mistle or Swish. When someone can't consolidate their thoughts into a few pithy paragraphs I know they don't have anything interesting to say.
says the guy who posts walls of text about libertarianism in OT

my good chum
Old 05-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I can and do, as my previous replies to your posts show, but when dealing with someone as illogical and enraged as Swish, this way is better. It's not for your benefit. Swish has amply demonstrated he can only dish it, he can't handle it coming back. Volume repetition is all he has.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What's random about what I'm saying? Plenty of facts in there, good to know the BDA spin department continues from beyond the grave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Okay they were told that, THEN you went for the pixel grab rather than enforcing the rules. I see. Totally not BDA's fault. Poor BDA had no other option there (lol)

You didn't want to contest, so you weren't getting targets, so the good shit wasn't coming in.

So what did BDA ask for in terms of concessions? "It's not fair that A/A is getting everything, we want ____ _____ ____ " - please finish the sentence, I'm interested to know. Your words please, not Chest's.

No I'm not listening to a cringey 6 hour skype conference to find out the gritty details.

REALLY? BDA would have gone with another rotation? Shit who'd have guessed? lol. If there actually was one you'd only respect it for as long as you felt you couldn't do better without it.

...and again, old news but you went for a pixel grab yourselves soon after you shit canned the old one. Those guaranteed Kunark dragon pixels for BDA and Taken, yum yum. Zerg to win folks. Small guilds need not apply. Guilds wanting to learn a new encounter definitely need not apply - lets not go too casual now.

"almost universally"? I wouldn't say that. Perhaps you didn't read it. My work here isn't done, but what does a previous retirement thread have to do with your guild's greedy Kunark pixel grab and subsequent tantrum/departure?

Shit I think that's the longest I spent typing in a while, you're quite invested here for not being here anymore. Also you're flaring up pretty high on the autism spectrum from the last couple of posts, EQ seems to attract those types.
And Swish thinks BDA is mad.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Not all of BDA, but you're pretty good for keyboard rage usually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread